1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

His name is Anton!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Anton, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Anton

Anton Guest

So I wanted to post a real! Full description of myself, so here it goes.

I'll start off with a greeting my language: Ædhŷwlië i rhŷwdwor i llŷmbë.

Gwŷnedh mbedhdir lo!

Hello! My name is Anton and I'm a 18 year old country boy from a small town in Central Ohio! (Go BUCKS!)

I'm a very nice and I would say intelligent free spirited young chap who likes to make friends from all around the globe and have fun and laugh!

I'm super active and love to run (which has given me a huge ass! I'm not kidding, don't let my small frame fool you, my ass is massive!) and play tennis. I love being lazy as well and sit around on the computer, or watch a series of movies in a row, or even just sit back with a nice book.

I'm currently living on an island called Mallorca in the Mediterranean Sea in a city called Palma, which is the capital. The Balearic Islands where I live are part of Spain and I'm here doing my sophomore year of high school as a Rotary Exchange Student. So far it has been one of the best years of my life! I'm having so much fun and I really really like Palma and I've been able to venture out and see a lot of the rest of Europe so far!

I wanted to actually go to the Basque Country in Northern Spain as I am Basque myself. My dad grew up in Idaho where the largest Basque diaspora is located! Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the Basque country (I think it has to do with me already speaking Basque and they wanted me to learn a new language!) so I was put here on Mallorca where I'm learning to speak both Catalan and Spanish!

Back at home I was very involved in many of the things at my school such as the tennis team, my class officers, French Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, In the Know, Mock Trial, TEAMS, Drama Club, Marching Band, Orchestra, Glee Club, Choir!

This past summer I marched with the all male drum and bugle corps Rosemont Cavaliers, part of DCI! I was part of the color guard. I wish I could do it again this year but I'll be in Spain far into the season.

My biggest passion is learning languages and I'm absolutely obsessed with French and will speak it to anyone and everyone I can! I would have gone to Belgium or France on exchange, except that I really wanted to get to know my own people, which didn't work out in the end anyway, though I have visited the Basque Country and absolutely love it!

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Anton! And welcome to EC!

I love long introductions, so it's nice to get to know you a little. And it's nice to see what a greeting in Basque looks like (even if I'm twisting my tongue trying to pronounce it :wink:)

As a Belgian, I think you should have picked Belgium instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'll be the first to admit that Spain has a better climate, though.
    If you want to practice some french, there is a French thread you might want to check out.

3. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

woahhhhh your life is like a resume! (i mean that in the best way) and basque country sounds really cool! im ellie and welcome to EC. one question though: you say your 18 but your profile says your 16 and if you were a sophomore it would make sense that your 16... (im a freshmen btw)

4. Eleanor Rigby

Bonjour Anton et bienvenue sur EC :slight_smile:

je m'appelle Cécile et je suis française, je suis aussi l'une des conseillères de ce site, tu peux m'envoyer un message quand tu veux.
    Ton introduction était très intéressante. J'espère que nous nous parlerons bientôt. Comme Filip l'a dit, il y a un lien Français sur ce site et beaucoup de jeunes membres d'EC aiment bien parler français. Je suis certaine que tu te sentiras bien ici.

A bientôt, Cécile

5. Connor22

Hey Anton welcome to EC! I'm Connor and that language your writing, is that real or did you make it up cus it's funky

6. ArcaneVerse

Hey welcome to EC =]

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hi Anton.. Welcome =]

I was told thats a Swedish name.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Pokerface

palma de mallorca, eh? a lot of crazy parties going on there, as far as I know. looks like you're an interesting fellow. I love learning languages, too. In case you want to speak spanish, feel free to do so with me. I'm from Mexico. We can also speak German and Italian, if you wish to do so. lol and maybe you can teach me a little of French, which drives me crazy. It is always good to have friends all over the globe. I second that. :wink:

Nice to meet you Anton, welcome to EC. :grin:

9. riddlerno1

Hi Anton, welcome to EC!

Im sandy and nice to meet u!

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Anton and welcome to EC! Great introduction. I think you'll like it here! :smilewave

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Anton and welcome to EC! Enjoy your visits! :slight_smile:

12. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Anton! :smilewave

Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

13. endless poetry

lol Anton, is that Welsh you have there?

x.x malheureusement je ne connais pas bien le gallois

mais bienvenue, oui =)

14. cheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wow! what a great introduction! :grin:
    wish i could make one like this! xD

15. Mister Gaga

Hi Anton, welcome to EC.

J'espère que tu passera -non j'en suis sûr- un très agréable moment parmi nous :grin:

Si tu veux quelqu'un avec qui parler français, je suis disponible à tout moment, tu n'as qu'à me faire signe, ça me ferait super plaisir de te parler =)

Bienvenue encore, et btw, that was a great introduction .,.

16. Anton

Anton Guest

First I'd like to say thank you to everyone who replied and welcomed me to EC!!

D'abord j'aimerais bien vous remercier tous qui avez répondu à ce post et qui m'avez souhait le bienvenu à EC.

Filip, it is actually a language I'm creating called (in English) Athaelian! A greeting in basque would be "Kaixo!" or "Egun on!"

Aussi, je voulais te dire que j'ai choisi la Belgique comme deuxième choix comme je voualis améliorer mon français en ik wilde een beetje meer nederlands lernen te spreken!! Kan je vlaams praten? Ik hou van de talen en ik heb een beetje vlaams gestudiert! (Ik spreek het heel slecht!!)

Sorry, typo!!

Hey Connor! I'm making it up myself...it is in the very beginning stages..I only have an alphabet made up for it, some phonological rules, and some words!

No, it's Athaelian! hahah

17. Jim1454

Hi and welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto!

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vlaams is mijn moedertaal! Dus ik spreek het redelijk vlot :icon_wink Jouw Nederlands ziet er helemaal niet slecht uit!
    Mais j'ai étudié le francais dés que j'avais dix ans, donc je peux dire tout ce que je veux en Français aussi, même si je fais pas mal d'erreurs...

I do like languages. Unfortunately I always lacked the time to learn a lot, let alone develop them...