1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reintroduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by smartguy, Feb 17, 2010.

1. smartguy

I disappeared for a while but recently I've been more and more fed up with my lack of gay friends or acquaintances so I'm here to chat and whatnot. I'll keep it short:

-I'm very sarcastic (but I have trouble picking up sarcasm from other people, especially on the internet lol)
    -I love theater (currently rehearsing as Angel for my school's production of RENT, which is totally unexpected and fun)
    -Also love photography, mostly portraiture and fashion/editorial. I would love to have a side (possibly full-time?) business one day.
    -Currently waiting to hear back from colleges. Two acceptances so far. I applied as a mech. engineering major. I'm into alternative energies and such

That's a rundown of me I guess, idk reading it over I'd say I sound kind of obnoxious but I'm too lazy to come up with a new intro lol

2. padre411

Welcome back. I'm pretty new here.

I tend towards the sarcastic but discovered late in life it was a defense mechanism to keep people at a distance. This is not to say I don't still go there. www.despair.com is still one of my favorite websites.

My current favorite poster there says "The bottom line in all of your failed relationships is you."

I hope you find what you're looking for here at EC. Do you have high hopes for what your life will be in college?

Peace,

3. smartguy

That website is hysterical. I'd consider myself more of a realist than a pessimist though.
    My hopes are definitely high for college but my fear is that everything I think I want won't end up being what I actually want. I don't expect to have my life figured out right now, but I just hope I'm not too far off. It kind of sucks that you basically have to pick a career so early in life, but I have a few plans in case I decide to change my path so I'm pretty optimistic thus far.

4. padre411

At 17, I had everything mapped out. I had been accepted at Vanderbilt University. I didn't know my major but knew I would be pre-med. I would go to medical school and become a pediatrician.

I majored in psychology. I finished all of my pre-med coursework. I wrote software for 7 years and then went to seminary to become an episcopal priest. I did my best to be straight for 36 years but finally just figured out I can't do that.

Anyway, I don't think you're supposed to have everything figured out. My father sure thought I should have and there was a lot of pressure there. I say give yourself a break and be flexible. It sounds like you're doing some of that in terms of alternate plans.

Peace,

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back! :slight_smile:

Good luck with the college applications. Hopefully you'll get a positive response.

6. Eleanor Rigby

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome back! It's always nice to see posters return.

Being an engineer myself (though more of the chemical side), it's nice to see someone else interested in the same field. Good luck with the applications!

I'm pretty sure things will work out OK in the end. What I'm doing now doesn't resemble what I thought I'd be doing in the slightest, but in many ways it's even better! Just go with the flow would be my advice.