1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah, the introduction post

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kyalii, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Kyalii

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all! I'm Lisa, and I'm, oh, maybe 15% out? I wish I had found this place a couple months ago, when I came out to my mom. But better late than never, and since I'm currently studying abroad in Germany with the goal of being 100% out here, I could use the support all the same :slight_smile:

So, what to say? I like martial arts (tae kwon do and Krav Maga) and horseback riding (eventing!), I'm majoring in Biology but want to go to law school (I like the way lawyers think - most people say that makes me crazy). I also teach horsemanship and horseback riding through an organization that provided me my equestrian education - the United States Pony Club. It is my absolute favorite thing to do in the entire world. I'm rather artistically inclined (not that talented mind you, but I enjoy what I do and what I make, so it's all good) - photography and drawing are my favorites. I speak German, and am currently spending a semester over in Germany, which is all sorts of intense learning experiences. My days typically range from sheer joy to absolute despair, with the sudden urge to crawl onto the closest airplane headed back to the states popping up every couple of days. I also enjoy melodrama, in case you hadn't noticed.

Sorry for the essay, but lastly, the reason I'm here! Like I said up top, I'm only a little bit out - a couple of my closest friends know, a few of my friends at school know, my girlfriend knows (uh, duh), and my mom knows. I also today came out to a rather large group of people in my language course in Germany, which was rather terrifying. The reaction there ranged from 'thats cool' to nervous laughter, but oh well. I still feel like I have a long way to go, but every time I come out is this intensely emotional process, and of course, I've saved some of the most difficult people for last, including my 2nd 'mother' and amazing mentor, my former riding instructor and now good friend, and my dad, whom I'm afraid to come out to for fear of losing the money he sends me every month while I'm still in school. I don't even like the guy, I'm lying to him for money. I'm hoping to eventually find the courage to come out to those people and more, but for now, I'm focusing on being honest and out in Germany. Its a good place to start, I feel.

So. How is everybody? :-D

2. padre411

Welcome to EC

I'm one of the "older dudes" in EC. I managed to hide my sexuality for 36 years and have just begun the process of coming out. I'm out to about 10 people, including my wife.

As the people I'm in conversation with remind me, you are in control of this process. There is no need to do it any faster than feels right. And while I've had momentary thoughts of just putting it on facebook and getting in over with, so far I've resisted that temptation.

Peace,

----------

Oh yeah - my daughter is 9 and obsessed with horses. She's taken some riding lessons but is taking a break right now. She has never shown the slightest interest ever in having a doll.:lol:

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Welcome to EC =]

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Lisa and welcome to Empty Closets! Enjoy your visits! :slight_smile:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi Lisa! I hope you get what you are looking for here at EC!

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC

7. Jim1454

Hi and welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto!

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Lisa! Welcome to EC. :smilewave

9. Eleanor Rigby

Hi Lisa and welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    Thanks for having shared your journey with us. I hope you'll find here all the support you need to reach your goal of being 100% out.
    Congratulations for the steps you already have done.
    Make yourself at home and see you around :slight_smile: Take care

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Herzlich Wilkommen!
    (and that's about the extent of my German when I don't have a dictionary at hand :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I hope you'll have a good time here, and will find the support you need to come out to more people and be happy! :slight_smile:

11. Sylver

Welcome to EC Lisa!! :thumbsup:

Yup, honesty is always a good policy! But remember to take things at your own pace - there's no rush.