1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm over my highest hurdle.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by prismaticlight, Mar 14, 2010.

1. First I must say that all you people have helped me immensely. I would never be where I am today without EC.

I'm not completely out of the closet yet so that is still a hurdle in front of me. What I think was my highest hurdle was accepting myself. I have spent so much time working on that problem. A lot of it was realizing that I had internalized homophobia and my homophobia was very cruel towards who I am. Self deprecation was a daily routine for me.

I don't know if there is an afterlife or if this is all there is. What I do know is that its best to live in the moment. I have wasted so much time hiding from myself and that did not feel good. I don't want to be laying on my death bed in the future regretting how I lived my life.

I can honestly and confidently admit I think guys are hot. I am gay and that is awesome.(!)

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations...I think you've found yourself and you are loving him! :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Self-acceptance is more often than not harder than coming out to others. Glad that EC was able to help along the way. :slight_smile:

4. Notreallysure

I'm in a similar situation; trying to admit to myself what I truly am. I don't know what my outcome will be, but I live one day at a time. I feel similar to you though. I am attracted to guys, so I guess it is obvious. :slight_smile: Congrats again!

5. padre411

Congratulations & Blessings

I think God would say: "You are who I made you to be"

And that is something to celebrate.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! That's the single most important part of the entire coming out journey we all face. Fantastic job. :slight_smile:

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Getting over your own mental boundaries really is one of the hardest things to do. But once you're over that hurdle the best is yet to come! :slight_smile:

8. Sylver

Ah, Mike, that is awesome to hear you say!!! :slight_smile: I am so happy that you're coming to a place of comfort with yourself. I actually joined EC a few weeks after you and it was precisely because even after coming out to a couple of people, I still hadn't truly accepted the idea of me being gay. I had the horse before the cart and it actually set me back. Now I am 100% comfortable with being gay, and I would tell that to anyone who asks - and I'd mean it. So I know just how important of a step this is in your journey. Welcome to a happier place, bud! :eusa_clap

9. Eleanor Rigby

I am happy for you that you became comfortable and fine with who you are. And I'm glad EC had been able to help you in accepting who you are.
    Many (*hug*) and welcome to the rest of your life :wink:

10. s5m1

Congratulations!! That is a huge step forward. Enjoy the feeling.

11. Thank you everyone.

Me being gay makes total and complete sense to me. I seem to have an innate gift in opening peoples eyes. If someone shows an interest in me I calmly reach out to them to take my hand. I help them out of their box and show them that life outside the box is very good. If they get scared I help them back in their box and tell them if they want to see these things again I will be there to guide them.

If I come to find people leaving their box by themselves I am very happy. Since I accepted myself has a gay man I can't find my old box anymore but I don't miss it at all.