1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Person says Hello! <good title? eh doesn't matter...>

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Zulamage, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Zulamage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I'm Jerry and I'm 16 currently living in California. For the past 4 years I have been living in asia (3 years in the Philippines and 1 year in China) Due to my fathers job. I moved to California in august and haven't really made any friends (until recently) which has left me a lot of time to study and think about myself. I love a lot of things such as science, writing, theatre, drawing, biking, history, math and speaking chinese but the list goes on and on. Although my knowledge is not very deep in all of these subjects I'm willing to learn and talk about almost everything. I'm not that great at spelling, I'm an advanced open water scuba diver, I know CPR and 1st aid, I've visited 8 countries (if you think Taiwan is its own nation), My favorite music is Lady Gaga, System of a Down, Lacrae, Taylor Swift and Vampire Weekend. I have been "out" online for about 3 months but have only come out to one of my IRL friends and that didn't end so well...yea... I think that is enough of an introduction :thumbsup:

2. Connor22

wow... um that's a lot of awesome stuff welcome to EC! :slight_smile: I'm Connor

3. prester

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Zulamage. Welcome to EC.

Prester

4. Jim1454

Hi and welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto. I'm certified in scuba as well - but haven't had an opportunity to use it in a number of years.

5. Sylver

Hey Jerry - welcome to EC! :thumbsup: You sound like a very interesting person, so don't worry about the title! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC

7. canadian bear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Jerry!

Welcome to EC, congrats on taking the first steps toward coming out, and nice to have you here in our little community. Please stick around and enjoy your time here!

And... if you feel like it, tell us a little more about your not-so-great coming out; you might get some input and suggestions that will help next time around. :slight_smile:

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jerry! Welcome to EC! Enjoy your visits to the site! :slight_smile:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jerry and welcome to EC! :smilewave

11. Grottodude

Hello and welcome to EC! I'm Rodger! =D

12. Zulamage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, The guy I came out to seemed to be a guy that would be OK with homosexuals. He seemed like it was a little odd to him but not like, "ZOMG! get away from me you perv!!" So he has been one of my best friends for like...3 years now? he is an American living in Shanghai, China (he went to my school there) and we were talking on a daily basis about everything that goes on in each others life through email and msn. So I felt that it was an alright Idea to come out and I really felt like I needed to come out to someone (I didn't have any friends in the USA yet). So I told him a true story about how my mother asked me (only a day earlier) if I was homosexual. I told her no and fought it (not the best idea but at the time I was still unsure of it I thought I could be Bisexual). But I added in the fact that I thought about whether I was or not. At that moment he said, "oh jeez, please don't say you are gay." and after about 20 seconds he wrote, "but if you are its cool with me." So I mean... mixed message much? So I chickened out and just said I was probably Bisexual but leaned to the female side. After that he said, "well I know you and you are as straight as an arrow." I know myself I hide myself to fit in. But I refrained from saying that.Then he stopped talking to me for a few days and lately we have been talking more but its still awkward. Hope everything I wrote makes sense.

13. Alex19

hi! guess what my name is? lol