1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by keops832, Sep 3, 2007.

1. keops832

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi. my name is Dan, i'm 19 years old and i am from Bucharest, Romania - one of the most homophobic ex-soviet poor developed countries in East Europe. i am an authentic homosexual (non-transgendered), and i found out about this site from another gay forum. i wish to inform you that i am only looking to talk. i'm not looking for sex or relationships, not that i wouldn't want one, but my religion forbids homosexual sex and relationships and i can't abandon it for the sake of my sexual orientation. so there's no one to meet here. i'm sure none of you would like to meet a fat disgusting retard with a penis the size of a paper clip anyway. yes, i am a retard. the doctors have diagnosed me with schizophrenia. i like to talk about theology, brain biochemistry, psychoactive substances, computer and internet related discussions, and of course homosexuality. english is my favorite language and i like to write and talk it, even if i'm a newbie. if you want to find out more about me, you can check out my profile and my personal website (http://matrixboi.hi5.com).

2. Psych!

Psych! Guest

HI
    Welcome to EC

I'm Jey

:grin:

#2 Psych!, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  3. keops832

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. davo-man

Hey, Im Dave...

Don't worry about people being on here just for sex and relationships, pretty much this place is just for people to talk openly and get/give advice. Hope you enjoy it here, you sound like you're interesting in some interesting stuff like theology, psychoactive substances, computers/internet etc...Im sure you'll meet lotsa people her who are interested in the same stuff

See you around the forum

5. crimsonarcher

6. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome, Dan! :smilewave

7. 24601

Hi Dan,

Like Dave said, don't worry about people wanting to hook up with you for sex or a relationship or anything on here. We're all about the chat. I like talking about many of the same things you do, or at least find many of them interesting. Hope you like it here.

Ryan

8. Kimi

Hi and Welcome to empty closets!!!!

Well, good news for you no one is here for relations or sex...well, some might but not all of us. It must be hard to deal with schizophrenia I don't know anything about it but I can imagine it would make life harder. I hope you like here and have fun:thumbsup:

Hope to see you around:smilewave :smilewave

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Dan - Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

From reading your intro I think you'll find EC is exactly what you're looking for.

10. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Welcome to EC Dan. I think you will find a lot of great people here and enjoy yourself. Schizophrenia can be a bit to deal with, but if you stick to your medications, usually things can be well controlled.

As for your interests of other subjects, I am sure you will find a good outlet for them. Again welcome and have a great time making new friends and engaging is some good conversation.

11. hi welcome to EC

12. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We're glad to have you here. If you need anything feel free to message me ^_^

#12 AzThRg0, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  13. Jeimuzu

You'll certainly get debate. Welcome! Hm. You're not very happy about yourself, that much is blatantly obvious.

Might I point out that while it is often claimed that a religion is homophobic, usually the document in which it is stated has been translated to the point where it's hard to get an exact meaning? I was brought up catholic - naturally, I've abandoned it now, in favour of agnosticism - but I've found most religions to be carbon copies of each other, just with different stories.

For example, while the Bible supposedly bans homosexuality, it also both encourages it, and bans heterosexuality, all the while telling us to multiply and fill the earth. It's a little bit messed up.

All religious documents are open for interpretation, and it should be pointed out that they are nothing more than a book. While the original was written by supposedly a prophet or some other major religious figure, over the years it'll have been translated many times, it'll have been modified, all of that. The translator could've stuck in a lot of things that were on somewhat shaky ground. Hell, he could've totally made things up himself.

I honestly believe that any religious text has been modified too much to be of specific use. Nowadays, you can read it and get a general message of how to live your life, but specific instructions? Nah, not gonna happen.

Anyways, now I've melted a few people's sanity, I'll take a breath, I think.

Feel free to send me a personal message if you want more discussion or a little advice, although I'll probably try and continue what I've written here, pointing out why it's okay to be gay, if we get onto theology.

Anyways, see ya! :slight_smile:

14. keops832

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes, i know the Bible is open to interpretation, but Christians have condemned homosexuality since the beginning, and the mentality is still the same now, and it's not likely to change. and since almost all Christians reject homosexuality, i also think they may be right and God may not love us for who we are. if God really loves gays, then why doesn't he reveal the truth about us instead of letting the people believe a lie?

15. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

man I really do believe God would rather have a good gay guy than a straight terrorist. Plus he wouldnt create u or anything if he doesn't like you. If YOU know you have a good relationship with God then you shouldn't listen to anything that people say because just like us they don't know anything about what God is thinking. I have nothing against the Bible or anything but as far as I know God didn't write it. It was written by normal people; just like you, me, and everyone else. And remember this, there is no "DONT BE GAY OR ELSE ILL EFFIN KILL YOU" in the 10 commandments :slight_smile:

16. Jim1454

Hi, and welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto.

17. Jeimuzu

Remember Jesus' one rule? Love your neighbour as yourself? The most important one?

Anyone who rejects someone for their sexuality is breaking that. You, however, are not breaking it simply by being gay.

18. davo-man

Ill just like to point out that Christianity also allowed slavery until it was deemed socially innapropriate, and that the Bible condones cannabilism, vampires, zombies and a whole slew of other things, while also condemning eating shellfish and weaving with two kinds of thread (or something like that). Okay, so maybe it doesnt say those things out loud (about zombies and stuff), but its all in the interpretation. Like you could say that when Jesus turned water into wine that it showed he was a sorceror.

Well, anyway, the point is that the Bible could be taken in so many different interpretations that the important thing is what you feel that you believe in,what feels right to you, not what doctrines the priests might have been shoving in your face since you were born

Personally i believe in God, but i don't think that organised religion is all it's cracked up to be....that said, if organised religion is your thing that gets you through the day and affirms you, then whos to stop you...It starts getting on my nerves when you start pushing your beliefs onto others, like when my school makes us go to masses every week (then again it is a Catholic school, so i can't do much about it)

Sorry for going off topic, welcome again....(rant over)

19. Jeimuzu

I agree that organised religion is overrated - religion is such a personal thing, I don't think one person should be able to tell you what you're meant to believe. The bible is such a hazy document... it reminds me of the Oracle of Delphi. Croesus came to her for advice, wanting to know how his war against Cyrus the Great of Persia would pan out.

She said "If Croesus crossed the Halys, a great empire shall be brought down."

He crossed the Halys to attack Persia, and indeed a great empire was brought down. He was thrashed, since as was usual, the army disbanded for winter. Cyrus' didn't, and defeated him.

She was right.

You've got to look at every meaning and choose which one seems to fit best. And even then, you might still be wrong.

20. Torture

Torture Guest

Welcome to EC.