1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of history and present standing

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Root, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Root

Hey all, I've already posted in the support forum and have gotten some great responses.

I've always liked girls, but as for guys, there have been a few that I've been attracted to since I was 9, and over the years that has been growing inside of me. I've been limited to private fantasies.

Over a VERY short amount of time, I thought back about how long this had been going on for, and decided to accept it as part of who I am.

Just tonight, I sat down with my mother and told her that I was romantically interested in males. I swear, I could have gotten more of a reaction if I had asked her the price of eggs. She displayed no shock whatsoever.

Did the same with my brother, whom I am very close to. Was slightly more bumpy, but he accepts it.

I also told an old friend of mine, a gay guy I hung out with at high school a few years back. He was dumbfounded.

I think I'm lucky to have such a family!

Haven't told my sister, not sure if I want to as she cannot keep her mouth shut. She'll be the last to know.

So, that's where I am now in terms of my sexuality. I'll tell the people who need to know, and see where life takes me next!

:slight_smile:

2. Shevanel

Congratulations! ^_^ That's great news :slight_smile: Hopefully life will get to take you to great places ^_^ And hopefully you'll be able to tell your sister soon (if you indeed want her to know).

3. InaRut

The funny thing is, when I came out....I never had to come out again. My sexuality spread like wildfire around my small town.

Telling your sister last is a good idea, as i'm sure she will help you with any loose ends. Haha!