1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All - My story

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by netlord80, Sep 18, 2007.

1. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi All

I am getting a little brave now since I used my common screen name for this site. Baby steps right?

I am 33 and Bi. My last relationship was with a woman for nearly 5 years. She was actually the one that helped me to understand and accept my sexuality. She was very kind and understanding about it. She actually knew before I did, long before actually. She didn't out me though. She waited and helped to guide me to it gradually. She didn't say a word until after I came out to her. It was easy as she is Bi and she always said that she liked Bi men. We are still very close.

I feel like I am coming to a point where I may come out to everyone, but I'm still very scared of the idea. I did come out to a second person today. It was a woman that was interested in me but wanted a straight guy. I'm actually kind of proud of myself for refusing to act straight for her and deny who I really was. It's the first time that i have ever done something like that.

Well I guess that's enough of my rambling. I look forward to interacting with the community. I really just want to be accepted for who I am without fear of reprisal.

2. Jeimuzu

You certainly won't be rejected for being bisexual here :wink: Baby steps are, indeed, the right way to go about coming out in most cases. I've been doing that over the past few months... I've just been taking a *lot* of baby steps. In November, I wasn't out. Now, I've only got my parents and my brother to deal with, and all my friends know about me.

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

3. Tom

Tom Guest

welcome 2 ec tellin the secnd person ur bi isnt a baby step so u have took atleast two big steps, first wud be figurin out and acceptin ur bi.

and yeah welcome 2 ec once more and hope 2 see u around the forums, only those tht try 2 have a go at ppl here are rejected and im sure u wont be doin any of tht so ull be welcomed and fit in perfectly:icon_bigg

4. TriBi

Yeh - no "reprisals" here, at all. :icon_bigg

Welcome aboard...and congrats on unashamedly "being you" :thumbsup:

5. Jim1454

Welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto! I also came to the realization about my orientation later in life - and also was fortunate to have a VERY understanding woman in my life at the time. So I can relate to what you've been going through. If you want to chat, send me a private message!

Good luck!

6. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

hey welcome,hope you like it here as we all do.

7. hi welcome to the EC family

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hiya - welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

Hey Welcome to EC! I'm sure you'll find all the help/friendship you may need here.

10. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! Here you ARE accepted for who you are :icon_bigg

11. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you to all. I have gotten a very warm response here. I only signed up last night but I already feel very comfortable here.

Finding others that I could relate to and that could understand me has been hard to do. The acceptance here has already made me feel better about myself and my identity.

Again, thank you.

12. step49x

Hello, and welcome to EC! I have to say, you're braver than I with the whole screenname thing. I've still got two.

13. Kimi

Hi and Welcome to empty closets(!) (!)

That's awesome!! I wish I could just tell a girl that I'm bi and more attracted to guys than girls:bang: :bang: Anyways, yes!! This is awesome place with full of awesome people from all around the world so I think you gonna have a lot of fun at here:icon_wink

Hope to see you around:smilewave :smilewave

14. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Welcome to Empty Closets, where you can be YOU! *passes cookies around*