1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can people judge based on sexuality?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Sep 21, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

ok here is this conversation i heard between two girls at my catholic school:

h-: o yeah and i really like Ellen (the comedian). shes really funny.
    v-: yeah she is, but shes gay.
    h-: yeah i know disapointing.
    v-: yeah i it is

i wanted to slap them! no one in that class knows i'm gay so i kept my mouth shut. but it really bothered me that they would let her sexuality determine how much they liked her. i think its completely ridiculus personally. i mean i might say if i hear someone doesn't like gays i don't like them but to me thats a different story. they are hating for no reason. i don't like them for judging.

what do you say?

2. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Those girls are a bunch of haters, straight up.

3. SpikySpice

Well, in our society, lot of people still hate homosexual people, what can I say?

They think we are unatural people cuz they think we were not borned the right way with the right orientation.

If they are dissapointed about we are homo people, then it's maybe alright, but if tehy hate us, that is closed minded, because we dont do nothing wrong, but they think we are wrong people

Judging peopel by their orientation is absolutely wrong! Dont they see that theer are lots of homo people who are cool, interesting and better than straight people? The only acceptable judging is by the actions that we do, not that we are homo

4. davo-man

Well their just dumb for acting like that, but it's hard to correct them without outing yourself, although I have done it a few times, but there's always gunne be people like that who judge people based on sexuality, race, religion etc.

Plus it sounds like the first people is a bit of a sheep, like she only said that cos the seond person did. That really frustrates me; like one of my friends is having a fight with my othere friend, and a third friend is now totally ignoring the second friends even tho she did nothing wrong against him, simply because the first person said that he was havin a fight with her. If you iunderstood that, congratulations!...but yeah, that frustrates me

5. Level N Human

I can tolerate homophobic behavior if they just dislike homosexuality, but don't really treat homosexuals badly. Like a disagreement in "lifestyle" or however you wanna put it. I know a few people like this. It's when they start discriminating or abusing that makes it a real problem for me. People discriminate and hate for alls orts of reason though.

I think this comic explains all this pretty well: http://www.pbfcomics.com/archive/0PBF10060BC-Skub.jpg

Hehehe..

6. Jim1454

Well they don't know what they're missing, do they? Cuz Ellen is SO funny!

I can't help but think that those people are missing out, and we're the ones that are truly enlightened. They're just to stupid to know it. I have to take comfort in that, because what else can you do?

7. nl0118

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been in similar situations, and it's been awkward to say the least. Some people are confused and scared about homosexuality, afraid to talk about it, and very afraid to know someone who is gay. They obviously haven't looked at it from our point of view, it's not something we choose- we don't have any control over it. If there was someway to prove that, I think people would be more willing to accept us. When I meet someone different (not necessarily homosexual) I look at them for their personality and what kind of a person they are. I'm not judgmental and in most cases, I really don't care. I'd like a wide variety of friends. I don't notice a person's color, weight, heritage, etc. I look at the inside, and that's all that counts to me. :wave:

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

You go to a catholic school too? Same as me :grin: well, I guess, like most people said, they think its not natural, or weird. In my opinion there are a lot of people who give gay people a bad name.

9. Vampyrecat

I don't go to a catholic school,but next year we get a new principal....who has only taught like the big catholic schools in victoria... Lucky us....

*braces for homophobia to reign over everyone at the 2 (bricks) shit school..*

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

lol, lucky you :wink: Well, he cannot do too much to you. The dean person guy whatever he is, looks evil and scares me. I am always thinking hes gonna make me get a haircut... hehe... well, personally I'd rather go to this catholic school than our public high school. I know a lot of people probably would be the other way around...

11. TriBi

Well - bear in mind that very often people you know in school will say things that just reflect their parent's values - and the way they have been brought up.

It may not be right, or what we would hope to hear - but, hopefully, as they get older and have more exposure to people (friends) who might be gay - they may learn...and change their ideas.

12. Louise

Small minded people who are scared of the unknown can judge you on anything, the colour of your skin, your mental ability, they way you speak, the way you dress, the list is endless. Let them stay in their small little worlds closed from the joys, and sometimes pain, of living your life to the full, taking risks, pushing yourself to the limit and feeling truly fulfilled. These people are not worth bothering with they are a waste of space, live your life, be free, be happy.
    PS I love Ellen but we don't have satalite TV at the moment so, no Ellen for me!

13. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with TriBi. No disrespect to the younger people on EC (you've all shown that you're well ahead in the maturity stakes) but as the narrow-minded creeps get older their attitudes should change. I still think that, thankfully, such people are in the minority and the vast majority are more accepting/understanding (or whatever word I'm looking for) of gays. If somebody won't accept me for the way I am then that's their loss. I'll concentrate on loving somebody else instead!!

14. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well they dont know what there missing. i like people who arn't strait (no not becouse i am one....well i am one but.....oh you know what i mean). but i like them more becouse there all so open and accepting of everything, not just sexuality.(&&&) i love accepting people(&&&)

15. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People need to become more tolerant and excepting, i agree.

COEXIST