1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm David.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LittleD93, Sep 1, 2010.

1. LittleD93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, my name is David. I'm 17 years of age and live in the United States. I don't really have any significant skills or talents, and I don't tend to excel in many of the things I undertake. My family tells me I'm too negative and that my humor is too dry, but I don't pay much attention to that because 99% of my family are complete strangers to me. I don't have any real friends, partly because my family used to move around a lot, and mostly because I never made the effort to make any.

My most notable achievement in life was moving out of my parent's house when I was 16 to get my G.E.D. (General Education Degree), so I could go to college. I started my college classes this semester, and am enjoying them thus far. I still don't know what I want to major in though, because I don't have any real goals or dreams. I'm okay with my current lifestyle, but my family is at odds with me for not focusing on being more independent.

I'm perfectly aware that the above writing describes someone you'd like to slap the angst out of, so fret not, I'm perfectly aware that there are people worse off than myself in the world. I make an effort to donate my time and money when I can for a good cause. I have more time than money though, these days, as my time working at my college's bookstore is now over.

So yeah, to get down to the important part of all this, I realized I had a more-than-platonic attraction to members of the same sex when I was around 14, but I put it out of my mind until I was around 16, when I realized that trying to avoid it would only cripple me in the end. Now that I've embraced it, I've run into even more problems than I thought I would. I don't know where to start or how to cross the finish line, but I want more than anything else to build a strong personal life, because as of today, I've become perfectly aware that loathing your appearance and feeling lonely can, in fact, lead you to problems in your professional life.

2. lostinthought9

Hi David, welcome to EC!

Just by reading this I can tell you've been through ALOT; and I can tell you that going through stuff like that only makes you stronger...

I think you'll find that joining EC was a great decision. They're some amazing people on here that offer excellent advice, and we're also a friendly bunch. :slight_smile:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Hi David and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

I hope you'll like your stay here and that you'll make new friends. Makes yourself at home and see you around.
    Take care, Cécile

4. Walolas

Welcome!~

5. PhilL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi David, Welcome to EC

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He