1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Morgan55, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Morgan55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there everyone,

I just found this site yesterday, right after I decided that today was going to be the day I come out to my mom (dad tomorrow?)--quite the coincidence. After having two days to plow through the site though, I wish I had found it earlier.

So a little about myself--22yo, 12 years of Catholic school, 4 years of college and still not out, at least not in any meaningful way (told my sister and our mutual friend last year while...not sober...and havent spoken to them about it since even though i see them a couple of times a week...needless to say, pretty awkward. Told one of my bfs last year, who's the only one I'm somewhat comfortable talking about it with. Told 3 bests over this summer while drunk and haven't been able to talk to them about it while sober, and a couple of other friends kind of outed me, but no biggie--i don't really see them that often.
    TIP: coming out while drunk, at least to people you really love/care about, is not the best way to do it. If they mean a lot to you, let them know it while you have your senses about you--"coming out" has been pretty meaningless for me so far because of this--Even though some people know I'm gay, I in no way shape or form consider myself "out" at all. Hopefully that will change by the time I fall asleep).

But anyway, I've "known" for pretty much ever, but never entertained the possibility of actually being totally gay until about 2-3 years ago. Many-a gay dating website later, and I have nothing to show for it--can't say Im surprised. Those websites almost definitely made me hesitate more. Basically, I feel that I'm 22 and if I wait any longer, Ill either explode or whither away. Either way, not good.

So yeah, tonight's the night ( :eusa_liar ?) and I just had to let it out, so here goes...

2. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Welcome to EC and thanks for the introduction. Glad you found us! :smilewave

3. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC!!!!!!!!!!
    Were glad to have you here, if you need anything or just wanna chat feel free to message me ^_^

4. hi welcome to the EC family

5. Zec24

Welcome. Good luck with coming out today! I'm also in NY, about an hour north of NYC, but I love taking weekend trips there (mostly into manhattan of course), in fact I was just there this weekend. So I guess hello from a fellow New Yorker.

6. Kibuki kid

Welcome to EC and good luck! We all really want you to feel comfortable here so if you have anything to say PM us!! That was a good introduction we all want the best for you so keep us posted on the situation and ask for help if ypu need it.

7. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome and good luck.

8. Kimi

Hi and Welcome to empty closets(!) (!)

Aww, but you found us!!!! I hope this site and people here will help you to out officially:icon_wink It's great place!! There are lots of great people so you gonna make lots of friends:thumbsup:

Hope to see you around:smilewave :smilewave

9. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! I hope everything goes smoothly! Either way, come back and tell us how it went :icon_wink

10. TriBi

Welcome :smilewave - and good luck as well. :icon_bigg

11. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi - Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

What a great introduction. I do hope today goes well. Please let us know what happens.

13. Tom

Tom Guest

welcome 2 ec and i hope it all goes well for ya

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

15. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Welcome im sure ull enjoy it