1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Vates, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm a girl.. and I'm 17 and live in Australia.

I'm not a very interesting person.. on the surface. I used to be, but circumstances and conditions have kind of retreated me... but I intend on changing that.

There are SO many things to say.. but I can't find the words. I'm used to living a life where I struggle to see my friends in the way that they see me... and then to come someplace like this where I don't have to hide behind a mask of carefully constructed emotion... it's really rather surreal.

I have known about my sexuality since my very early teens, it hasn't been particularly apparent in my thoughts or emotions but it was always lurking.. always in the shadows and well I don't see why it should be in the shadows anymore.

I work for Subway with an incredibly homophobic manager. Can I ever say anything? Ha, as if. So everyday, I put up with her bitching, taunts and all of the prejudices that she tries to transfer to me. I'm sure if she knew that she'd stop, because aside from all of her beliefs, she is a kind person but I'm also pretty sure that if I told her, it'd change her attitude towards me (and potentially my state of employment!) and I need the money!

I like any and all sorts of music; Pop, Industrial, Jazz, Country, Dance... yes. Everything. There's not a lot that I'll say no to.. well maybe some R&B or Rap.. but I do respect the genre.. ah what the hell am I talking about music for.. I'm rambling!

Anyway, this is my intro...

So all I really need to say is..

Hi!

[By the way, my username - Vates, they're prophets that are known to rejoice in the free will of others.. just ignore the bits in the history books about sacrifices.:icon_wink ]

2. Jim1454

Hi Vates! Welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto!

This really is a great site - where perhaps for the first time ever - you can 'talk' about who you really are and what you really feel! It's great!

3. TeeBe

Hi! Welcome to the most understanding and open place on the net! Sorry to hear about your work situation. I hope things improve. I can't say much positive towards the "coming out at work" thing, as I would never have the guts to. Glad to have you here, at least!

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Great to meet you. You'll like it here.

5. davo-man

Yay another Australian...Im Dave, from Australia. Im also 17, but that will be changing in the next few weeks (my birthday's soon)

I hope you enjoy it here, im sure you will cos this place is pretty awesome

Bummer about the boos thing, but I hope that she gets over her prejudices over time...Hope to see you around the boards.

6. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow!! So many fast and friendly replies and I already feel at home here!!

Okay.. so I read through my original post and realised that I was hardly upfront about things. So prepare to delve deeper into ... me.. if you wish. Hmm.. that sounded kind of odd.. but I can't be bothered to change it.

Right, so I guess you could say that I was 'recovered' from an Eating Disorder, of course I'm not recovered, it's what I tell my psychiatrist as he weighs me with pockets full of coins... He's often questioned me about my sexuality, but I don't tell him anything about it because he was rude when he asked me and people who are rude get nowhere with me.

I also came out.. kind of. About three months ago, I said to my parents as a joke (they were making me work for them) and I said 'it's because I like girls isn't it?'.. *laughs crazily*, yes they are very liberal and open minded people (not that I think you should have to be particularly open minded to accept lesbian and gay relationships but that's another story), but I remember how although they never said anything directly about it, everything changed. I didn't push it and they never mentioned it again. Sometimes I wish that I could just yell it at them and not have to deal with it anymore.. but life isn't meant to be easy like that.

Okay, some dot points:

* I'm a vegetarian.
    * My avatar is my 9 year old baby, Kess.
    * I've got near shoulder length brown hair.
    * I have chipped fingernails and although that doesn't bother me cosmetically, it's just really frustrating!
    * I like to read, learn, write and sing.
    * I am immensely interested in history, to the point where I failed my history class because I shunned the boring syllabus and outstripped my teacher in her knowledge of ancient religion. (her focus subject). I get the feeling that she didn't like that.
    * I am also an avid Chemistry Student (who says 'avid' these days?!)
    * I obsessively watch 'The Bill', 'Doctor Who' and I am in love with the new season of 'New Tricks'
    * I am getting a snake tattooed on the underside of my left wrist on Saturday.

* I've written too much.:icon_redf

7. Kimi

Hi and Welcome to empty closets(!) (!)

You are so funny!! I mean, not everyone can introduce themselves as good as you did!!!! OMG, my introduction was horrible:icon_redf
    Cool!! I wish I had a ball to joke something like that to my parents...My parents would be so grossed out if I told something like that:lol:

Anyways, hope to see you around:smilewave :smilewave

8. Tom

Tom Guest

hi and u dont seem a borin person, ive never met a borin person at subway b4 and borin ppl dnt get tattooes or own 9 yro dogs

9. pirateninja

Oh hooray! Someone else who says avid!

I say it in front of my freinds all the time and they always look at me funny. (It's strange, they're more weirded out by my vocabulary than my sexuality) But anyway welcome to EC, one of the friendliest places I have ever come across!

10. hi welcome to the EC family(*hug*)

11. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, Vates. I liked both your introductions and I have a specific question. You recovered from the eating disoder. What was the therapy like? I'm going to a support group soon and I want to maybe know what to expect. I'm a restrictive eater.

12. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome aboard! :smilewave

13. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thankyou! It is absolutely amazing to not have to censor myself and be happy and open without really thinking.. It's fantastic!

I don't think I'll be coming out at work, at all. That's okay. I keep telling myself that her beliefs are her beliefs and that I should respect them and just do my own thing. But anyway, I might just give in and get a new job. Thankyou for the welcome!

Thankyou! I love it here!

Yay for your birthday being soon! I don't think that she'll ever get over her beliefs and I'm pretty sure that I'll never come out with her... eventually I'll get a new job and then it won't really matter anymore. Thanks the welcome! This place is amazing!

Thankyou! I don't know what possessed me to make the joke and although they've probably forgotten about it and have accepted that it was merely a joke, sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I kept pushing it... but I didn't. (damn!)

I am a boring person really.. my intro is just every shred of glamour that I could think up for myself, every part of me that might be relevant or interesting. I was asked the other day, 'so what do you do, apart from working,' and I said... 'sleep, read books' and well.. the conversation kind of just fizzled. I'm getting excited about my tattoo, I still need to make sure that I really want it and that I really want it where I say I really want it. Anyway, thanks!!

I'm just so avid about saying avid.. my friends think it's weird too. I would tell them that it's because they've never read a book in their life, but that would be mean and untrue, because I made them read Harry Potter after we went to the movies and saw the first one. Yes! This place is so friendly! It's like nothing I have ever seen from any internet forum (and I've been to many unrelated from this). It's awesomeness. Thankyou so much for making me feel welcome!

Thankyou (*hug*), I'm really feeling a part of it right now, it's great!

Hi! I'm kind of recovered; I've done all types of therapy and support groups are awesome! It can depend on the group leader and the members (they'll be generally okay) and then what sort of things you're going to talk about. Everyone there will be recovery orientated, especially the other members.

You'll most likely have fun, so try and remain relaxed about it. Remember that therapy won't try to make you do something that you're not comfortable with.(although they might try and push).

Good luck and thankyou for welcoming me! (*hug*)

Thankyou!!

14. Kibuki kid

Welcome to EC! Its great to see that your fitting in well, so continue to enjoy yourself and have fun. Its always great to have new people here because they always bring new trains of thought and states of mind to our family. Feel free to ask for advice and give some yourself or just to talk but remember to enjoy yourself. So once again welcome to EC (*hug*)

15. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi im jayden im in australia also i live at bondi . welcome to EC from me to(!) :grin:

16. Bryan

Hi, welcome, glad to see another veggie : )
    This website is great, I think you will find your self at home here.

17. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Welcome to EC ^_^ hope you like it here!

18. Torture

Torture Guest

Welcome to EC.

19. Level N Human

Hi hi-hi hi. ^^

20. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am so happy to be here! Seriously, I've been here all day! Thankyou for the welcome, I love it here (*hug*)

Hi! I'm from Newcastle, but don't hold it against me :icon_wink, thanks for the welcome!

Yay!! Another veggie! It's great to be here and thankyou for making me feel welcome!

I love it here, thankyou (*hug*)
    Thankyou!

Hiya :smilewave

Okay, so I am feeling beyond welcome right now! More than beyond if that is even possible and I'm really happy to be here and well... thank you for letting me be a part of your community. (&&&) (*hug*)