1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

signing off

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by paco, Oct 24, 2010.

1. paco

paco Guest

i know this is a bit backwards, but i couldn't really think of where to put this, and this will be my last post.

don't worry, nothing bad has happened. i hope everyone here leaves one day (except staff, but that's a different story). At the end, you remember the beginning, so right now i remember what a mess i was when i got to this site. i remember reading the message on the starting page and crying because it was exactly the help i couldn't find anywhere else. i know without this site, i would still be up every night pretending to be someone i'm not and scared to death that someone would notice.

now everything is different. my life isn't perfect and i've still never had a date, but i am myself now and i don't have to hide from anyone. i am leaving because EC is a crutch, it is a wonderful tool that helped me learn to walk after being hurt and down for so long; but if i depended on a crutch for too long, i would forget how to stand on my own. so it is time to walk on my own. so like i said, i hope that everyone here can walk out one day.

thanks to all the staff, and thanks to everyone else that i've ever talked to or read about on the forums and in PMs. you've changed my life in more ways than i probably even know.

peace out
    -Paul

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I don't see EC necessarily as a crutch, but I understand what you are saying. I'm glad that you are able to walk off in a much better shape than you were before. Sucks to see you go, though. Even though we never really talked you always seemed pretty awesome.

Hope life treats you well :slight_smile:

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

we all must leave the nest some time

peace and happiness to you good luck we will be here if you need us

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best of luck, paco. And you know if you ever twist your ankle, we'll be here for you. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Eleanor Rigby

I wish you the best of luck Paul. Take care of yourself (*hug*)

6. Shebbs

:] Good for you Paul! It's good to realize these things before it's too late!
    Good luck with everything! And you know where we are if you need us :] <3

7. Krissie

I always hate to see people leave, but it's easier when I know they're leaving for the right reasons. I don't really know you Paul, but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, and I think you're doing the right thing by not allowing this site to be a crutch. No site should ever become a crutch, in my opinion, addictions just make things worse. I hope you'll take care of yourself and enjoy life while you're away! You'll be okay!!