1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy folks

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MoiMoi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MoiMoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm new here, so I figured I should introduce myself. I tend to confuse people when they first meet me because I present a girly, eclectic fashion plate exterior and own far too many uncomfortable yet fashionable shoes, but underneath that exterior I'm a giant computer geek and a walking encyclopedia (that's what happens when your mom tells you to read the encyclopedia when you complain of boredom) who also spends way too much time watching football and hockey, if I'm not distracted by something sci-fi on TV first.

I'm still trying to come to terms with my sexuality, it didn't dawn on me that I was anything but straight until a few months ago, which kind of makes me feel a bit like an idiot because it seems like that's the sort of thing you're supposed to figure out in college at the latest, not when you're almost 30. I guess that's what happens when everybody you know gets on a "courtship, not casual dating" kick after reading "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" when you're in high school and college and it gets hammered into your head that good girls aren't supposed to be chasing guys or to be boy crazy--turns out it's easy to follow that stuff to the letter when you actually aren't interested in guys.

So yeah, that's a bit about me...

2. Echo02

Echo02 Guest

Hi, Welcome to ec. Don't worry so much about age and time when coming out to others. People come out at their own personal time. I was late to come out, much later than you are now. Have fun talking to people here they are really great listeners and I have gained loads of good advice.

3. MoiMoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the welcome and for your comments.:icon_bigg I figure that at least on the bright side, as far as the age thing goes, at least figuring this out now as an adult, I'm not immersed in the activist side of the religious right like I was in middle school and part of high school, when I had friends who thought that wearing "God made Adam and Eve..." t-shirts to hang out at the skating rink was the most normal thing in the world for a teenager to do. My teenage self probably would have been a complete and total basket case instead of just being moderately stressed like my adult self.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hii welcome to EC :slight_smile: btw "I was born at a very young age" me too! omg :grin:

5. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!

6. izzy

Hi there and welcome. Concerning the outcoming age: better later than never! ;-)
    It's great you joined us, because there are so many great, friendly, loveable, helpful, fun people here, you won't believe it. :slight_smile:

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

8. x2x2x2x2y2

Hi and welcome!! :slight_smile:

9. MoiMoi

Sexual Orientation: