1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi again

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sicsemper79, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Sicsemper79

Hi everyone! My name is JC... I have been gone from this site for quite a while. Last time you saw me, I was just finding the courage to come out to a few close friends of mine. With your help, I did that and much more. Now, pretty much the only people left are family... and I think they have a pretty good clue.

Thanks to this site and the people here for what you did for me. I was in a pretty dark place, and now things are pretty damn good. I am still here in the town I live in, even though I was planning on moving. I found out that I didn't need to leave. I haven't had any really bad reactions and I should have done this years ago.

Well, I'm back for a while. Thanks again to everyone. :smilewave

--JC

2. x2x2x2x2y2

Hi and welcome back!! :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi welcome back

4. Eleanor Rigby

Hi and welcome back :slight_smile:
    I'm happy for you that you're feeling better than you were last time you were on EC, and I'm glad that your coming out journey had been positive so far.
    Take care and see you around, Cécile

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi JC and welcome back to EC! :smilewave

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    JC, I totally remember you! What a fantastic thing that you've been able to come out and not have to move. Does this, and the fact that the family is likely clued in, mean that you'll likely stay in the family business also?

7. Bryan44

Hello and welcome back

8. Sicsemper79

Hi Chip! Yeah, I am still in the business however my role has changed slightly... its all for the better.

Yeah, I am working up to telling my brother pretty soon. He's got his own ideas, but he's moved back to Roanoke (where i live) and I want to be able to be close with him... can't if he doesn't know who I hang out with etc... Not worried about it really, just hate having that horribly uncomfortable conversation...

I have a lot of gay friends here in town now and I hang out with them very publicly with no problems. I haven't had "the talk" with everyone I know, but I know a lot of people so most of them can just figure it out on their own... it's there if they want to know. My close friends all know though.

I'll worry about my mom and dad when I have to. Not in a hurry about it. I am just really happy to be living my life pretty openly here. I was out to some people before I moved back and then when I got back I just went right back into the closet. I am really pretty happy now and it is largely because of EC. I stopped logging on for a while because being gay and coming out was encompassing my whole life. I needed to deal with some stuff without writing about it all. But I'm in a really good spot now. I am hopeful that I can give a little back to the community that helped me out. Thanks to all of you for that.:thumbsup:

9. s5m1

Hey, JC. Welcome back! I was worried about you since you last visited EC, and I have often wondered what you were up to. I am really happy to hear how well you are doing.

10. Sicsemper79

Hey bud! I'm sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a little while. I felt like I needed to fade away for a little while... Things just starting taking over my whole life. I was making rash decisions when all I really needed to do was really get ok with myself and really get ok with being gay.

You guys really helped me out so much a few months ago. I was not in a very good place, even though I tried to keep my posts upbeat. You guys encouraged me to come out to some people. It saved my sanity and my life as I know it.

I feel bad that I left the forum. Especially after everything that you guys did to encourage me. But I just did what I needed to do. I'm back now and looking forward to meeting people again and hopefully offering what insight I can to others. Thanks for worrying! Much love!!!:smilewave

11. s5m1

No worries, my friend, and no apologies necessary. This is such an individual journey that we all have to do it in our own way and on our own time clock. I am just happy to hear that you are doing so well.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi JC, and welcome back to EC! :slight_smile:

13. Shebbs

Welcome back!