1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi and Please Help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by tn2011, Nov 22, 2010.

1. tn2011

Hello everybody Im new to here. Im 18 and im bi. About a month ago i realized that i wasnt going to be able to change that. I really want to come out but dont know how. Is there a way to make it easier? i could really use some help.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: Glad you decided to join and I hope you will find EC useful.

First off, congratulation on accepting yourself.

That's a major step right there! If you feel ready to start the coming out process and want others to know, maybe start with a good friend whom you can trust and know will be supportive of you. Once you have decided on a friend, try taking him or her aside. Maybe go for a coffee, or meet up somewhere, where you feel comfortable. Once you have his/her attention, try to tell him/her what you want him/her to know. Sometimes, it is easier to talk around the words. Instead of saying "I'm bi," you could say "I like both girls and guys." Maybe you can even refine it a bit.

Other ways to come out would include over IM or through an e-mail. Although they are more impersonal, they are still good ways to come out.

Before you start coming out though, make sure that you are ready and feel comfortable with the idea of your friends and (perhaps later on) your family knowing about your sexual orientation. Maybe stand in front of the mirror and try to say out loud: "today I want to come out to a friend" and see how you feel.

Hope this helps a bit! Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi welcome to EC, stick around there are lots of people who can help you here.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time. You have to get used to this new part of yourself, but don't think your sexuality defines what you are. You're more then who you like to have sex with, much more :icon_wink

5. Lebowski45

Hey, welcome to EC. Everyone here understands how hard it is coming to terms with their sexuality and then coming out. I've only recently done both. I'd echo the other comments and just say that make sure you, yourself are comfortable with your sexuality before you come out. Take as much time as you need before you are certain you want to start telling people (sounds like you've already reached that point though).

Next, coming out is never going to be easy. It's daunting and incredibly nerve wracking. However, in the end its worth it. There's no right or wrong way to go about telling people. Personally I only told a few face to face, others I told over msn or by even by text. In the end, it doesn't matter. You can also write a letter, you'll find coming out letters on this site, under resources. The main thing though is to take as much time as you need.

I'm glad you've came to this site, I came to this site totally in the closet and feeling completely lost. After receiving excellent advice and support from people on here, I managed to finally deal with everything. You will too. Use the site as much as you need, post when you need to, ask help when you need to. You'll get all the help you need right here :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

I often maintain that the first person you need to come to is the most important - you. It's best to understand and accept your sexuality before you start telling others. So take some time to get used to it. Many people here will attest to the fact that being gay or bi doesn't have to be an obstacle to living a great life. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. NordicSpirit

Hi! Welcome to EC!

There's no rush to come out. Do it when you feel ready to. The first one is the hardest and if you get a good response, it gets easier to tell more people. Start off with someone you trust, who wont tell anyone. Good luck!

8. Shebbs

Welcome to EC, love.

Dont rush your coming out. Take it as you feel you are ready. <3

We're all here if you need us.