1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey friends

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by spirocracy, Dec 16, 2010.

1. spirocracy

spirocracy Guest

Hey friends, so I thought I'd write up a little introduction. As far back as I can remember I've been attracted to guys. Every Sunday morning since as long as I can remember, I'd covertly look at men's underwear ads. I never really felt anything for girls, but I thought it would just come to me later in life. It hasn't, and at this point I don't think it will. I'm currently in the closet, and pretty far in fact. None of my friends or family even have the slightest clue. I should win an Oscar for my acting.

A couple of months ago I decided that I was just going to play the part of a straight male and just deny any homosexual feelings I had completely. That was until I started talking to someone I meet online that was gay and out and also went to my school. Since I only knew him online, there was barrier there that gave me the opportunity to be completely honest with him. The more I talked to him, the more I realized that I shouldn't live that lie and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of coming out. I really owe him a lot, more than I can ever express in words. Kinda strange, owing so much to a person I've never met. Hopefully it will be a life-long friendship. :slight_smile:

Thanks to him, I use to think, "No one can ever ever find out," now I'm starting to think "How will XXXX react when I tell them?" I was looking up how to come out and I found this site, so I'm here.

I don't really know how or when I will come out to my college friends, but I want it to be some time during Spring semester. Thankfully, I've always chosen my words carefully and never said I'm straight and I've always just let people assume I was. I think my family will come later, much later.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. I've made some anonymous post and I really appreciate the kindness I've been meet with. I hope one day, I'll be on the other side of the table giving advice.

Cheers,

Spirocracy

#1 spirocracy, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
  2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave