1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello peoples!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by secretstache09, Dec 18, 2010.

1. secretstache09

Just introducing myself, Jay, to the rest of this new community that I've become part of. I joined here because I felt like I needed to talk to people that have been where I am and can hopefully help me through a difficult time in my life, coming to terms with my sexuality. I'm 20 years old, but I feel like a fresh teenager because until recently, I was not sure what I was doing in my life. I'm here to get myself comfortable with who I am and to sulk up as much knowledge and advice as I can. Thanks for your time!

2. RealityCheck

HELLO Jay. There are tons of us here in the same boat. Talk away and welcome to EC.:smilewave

P.S. I love the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

3. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Jay, welcome to EC. :smilewave

You've definitely come to the right place. Loads of people in the same position and lots of great advice available. Hope you enjoy it. :thumbsup:

4. secretstache09

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the welcome. And RealityCheck, you can love DFW area, but I hate it lol. I wish i could find some of my high school classmates to see if any of them are gay, because i certainly dont know any except my cousin who stays in Chicago.

5. RealityCheck

The hottest guy I have ever seen was working at a Mall off of 820 in the Aveda Salon I believe. You need to look a little harder. That place is covered up with gay hotness:icon_bigg Most of the people I know there live in Southlake. Get out and about my boy.

6. secretstache09

Hehe, I suppose you can speak to it better than I can. I wish there was some manual or "how to" on how to find and meet people lol. I dont help myself of course because I have sorta shut myself off from a lot of my friends (I dont even have a facebook lol). Hopefully when my cousin comes down from Chicago soon, I will ask him how was he able to deal while he lived down here =D

7. RaRa

Welcome to EC Jay! =)

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to the family, Jay, it's great you're here :slight_smile: Feel free to wonder around a chat away.

There's a few of us resident hetros dotted around the site, but we don't bite :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jay and welcome to EC! :smilewave

10. Lebowski45

Hey Jay, welcome to EC :slight_smile: This is a great place, I joined about half a year ago when I wasn't that comfortable with my sexuality, but this site really gave me the support and advice I needed to finally come to terms with it. I hope it'll help you too :grin:

11. lostinthought9

Hi Jay. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!
    Hm, I always thought that Dallas (and the combined Ft. Worth area) was pretty liberal and accepting. Although, I've only visited a handful of times...

12. Artemicion

Hahaha...interesting conversation already going on in here!

Welcome to EC!

13. Ralivar

Greetings and Welcome to EC.

14. secretstache09

It is for the most part, but I don't actually stay in Dallas, but close to it. I stay in the type of town where you never see two gay people (at least openly gay). I have a liberal family, but they are very ignorant about gay people and I'm afraid to ever come out to them because I know how they talked when one of my cousins came out like 7 years ago.

The only person I know that wont be stupid is my mom, I dont know how she will react, but I know she will always love me no matter what. She even asked me if I was gay a long time ago, I told her no of course, but she told me even if I was, she would love me no matter what. I know she knows that something is up because she has never met any of my girlfriends (I've never had a serious one) and she never questions why I'm not anything like my brother who is almost too straight (a bunch of kids between two girls). I just don't see a reason to tell her yet, when I'm not dating anyone and it will only cause her to ask a bunch of questions that I don't even know the answer to yet.:eusa_doh:

Oh and thanks for the welcomes everyone! Just being a part of this community has made me more comfortable with myself already =)

#14 secretstache09, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.