1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Year and 504 Posts Later

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Colton, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Colton

It's already been one since I found this place. Wow.

When I first came here, I remember being the 13 year old kid who had no clue who he was, but the only thing I knew is that I wasn't straight. I was a bit intimidated to join EC, since everybody was older, and I didn't really read over the forums much, so I didn't know whether people here were very helpful or nice. But I decided to join, hoping I could figure out who I was.

Everyone here has been so supportive and caring. I first came with the New year resolution of coming out to one person last year. I was still young and scared, and was too afraid to tell people. After I came out to my first person (with the help of EC) I realized that it was a simple thing and I was capable of telling more people.

I came here hoping to gain the courage to come out to one person, and now I'm basically out to everyone (except family of course). That's my main New Year's Resolution. If I can come out to a whole school in one year, I'm sure I can come out to 4 more people this year.

Basically, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. You have all been really supportive and caring. I've not only found a place where I can talk about anything I need to talk about, but I've found myself. I love this place so much. EC has become my second family, and there will always be a place for it in my heart.

Happy New years everyone!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

~Colton

(Sorry if it sounds all sappy)

2. Miyaga

This really means a lot. I am relatively new myself. I have received and given help to a few members now and this is so great to see. Believe me when I tell you that you are going to make EC's family stronger by posting this.

Thank You !!! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. lostinthought9

Congrats Colton!
    I'm glad you found EC and it gave you the strength and courage to come out of the closet and find yourself. Good luck with those final 4 people! :slight_smile:

4. Eleanor Rigby

Happy New Year (*hug*) and happy Ecversary !

I'm glad Ec had been a help and support during this past year, but what you've accomplished (coming out to your all school, if that's not an accomplishement, I have no idea what it is ! :eusa_clap) is HUGE !
    You can be proud of yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:
    Take care, (*hug*) Cécile

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats Colton!

Glad that EC has been able to help you and provided you with the support you needed. :slight_smile:

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're glad that you've been here for a year and look forward to keeping you around! :thumbsup: