1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by radiantdawn, Jan 3, 2011.

1. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Hey there, I found this site a couple of days ago, thought it sounded nice : ). Well, just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I'm a gay 16 year old and that's pretty much it >_< . If you guys want to hear more, I'd love to tell more : D . But only if you guys actually will read it, cause the last forum I was on, I poured my heart out and received kind of generic responses in return, it felt like.

On a lighter note, I'm hopeful that this forum is more involving and such = p. So I hope you guys wanna hear my story, it's quite nice and interesting, and I just want to share it with someone >_<. Anyways, I just told my close friends I was gay, and I told my immediate family as well, just very recently. They took the news well I suppose, and I guess I'll post about that in the coming out stories area.

And I guess the most important thing I'm hoping for is to find some people my age, who I can relate to. Cause I don't have much friends, but the ones I do have aren't gay, so I can't really talk about some things with them. I hope to make some friends here, and I'm willing to lend an ear too : D . And I also have a question kinda... It's not really like a question, just a general wondering... I've never dated before, never kissed anyone before, and I'm only out to close people in my life, so it's super hard to find anyone, and I'm not the type to make a first move. I really want to find someone >_< But the problem is that so many people are just looking for physical stuff, and there are internet creeps who I suppose 'prey' on young people. So it's not exactly safe to meet a stranger somewhere... I was wondering, how can I find someone? I tried searching up places where I live, but I didn't really find anything. Even if a relationship didn't work out, at least I would have hopefully made a gay friend I can talk to.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave Hope you find what you're looking for here!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

4. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

hi, Welcome to EC. And I DID read it ALL. =P I always do, dunno why wouldn't I?
    And... I am in the same situation...Well kindad, I have kissed and gone all beyond...
    And I regret it, I kindad rushed it, because I WANTED to know how it felt, and I guess I felt lonely?
    Where I live the number of openly gay people, I can count them on one Hand... So it is hard to find gay guys...I actually don't have gay friends.
    But, I do confide with my best friend and another of my friends. They never judge me, dunno maybe I am lucky? I always tell them whatever comes to mind, like Idk crushes I may have had/still have...

5. Artemicion

Hello and welcome! I just realised I should of read this post before replying your other post! Hrm...now the situation has changed...but its 5:30am in the morning i should sleep now.......zzz

xD!

6. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!

7. paperheart

Hey, welcome to EC. I'm sure you'll find many people that you can relate with!

8. Miyaga

Hey there, Welcome to EC's Family. Believe me when i tell you, you are not alone :slight_smile:

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I totally get where you're coming from... small, rural, agricultural, bigoted, and Christian, all describe where I live. We have literally one openly transgender person (Biologically male). No one else is out...

10. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Thanks for the welcome everyone : D I've been super busy in a good way, so sorry I haven't replied until now. And, urm, @ Nazo, are you saying that Vancouver is "small, rural, agricultural, bigoted, and Christian" as well? Cause it's actually quite like... urban and like... opposite to every adjective you used >_< . Unless you weren't saying that at all >_< .

11. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! I'm pretty new to the site aswell but I just wanted to say that it's your post that inspired me to introduce myself to the site... I just wanted to say that you're sooooooo not alone in feeling the way you do! I'm in the exact same situation as you except I'm like two years older... I think Montréal is just about as open as it gets in North America and I know tons of gay guys and a have a few gay friends I can confide in, but sometimes I find some things are easier to ask complete strangers... In any case, if it hadn't been for some of the people I've talked to on the web I probably wouldn't be as openly gay as I am now, so I hope you find some people like that to talk to on here! If you need anything, I'm happy to lend an ear, as I'm sure many others on here are! =)