1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three years ago...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lostinthought9, Jan 4, 2011.

1. lostinthought9

I missed my first two anniversaries on this site due to lack of internet around this time. So, I now wish to celebrate and thank the people of EC on my third year of being here.

Three years ago I found this forum. I wasn't out to myself, much less to anyone else. In less than a month, EC gave me the courage to out myself to three of my closest friends. The coming out process for me has been a lengthy one. Although, I haven't made tremendous progress as some on this forum have, the dozen or so people that know about me wouldn't have found out had it not been for the support and encouragement that EC provides. And while I have yet to overcome the largest hurdle of outing myself to my family, I know that EC will be here to offer advice and comfort when that time comes. This place has helped me in ways I couldn't even describe.

So, I want to thank all the people of EC. Although I may have never spoken a word to you, I assure you I read the posts in all sorts of threads, and in some way or another, the wisdom said in those posts have helped me.
    More importantly, I want to thank all of my friends here (you know who you are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) that has ever helped me with life’s daily problems, or were there just to chat. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I know this sounds all sappy and corny, but I don't care. This place means alot to me.

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy EC-versary Ron!! I'm glad you're a member of this wonderful community.

(*hug*)

3. Thatsit

Woooh, yeah. I have a very similar connection to this site. I wasn't exactly out to myself before coming here, either. Fortunately, now most of my friends know I'm gay and it's nice. It makes me feel like coming out to the rest of my family is going to be much easier. I hope it does the same for you :slight_smile: And don't worry, this doesn't sound as corny as you think :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. KnightAssassin

Grats !!! Man three years good job

5. Miyaga

This mean a lot to me. I have only been a part of this site for a few weeks and to know that there are people on here that want to help so much makes me what to become even a more involved member. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, and it seems I missed your three-year-versary due to lack of time on my part. Typical... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Regardless, and as corny as it sounds in return... Thanks for being here and contributing in making this place as great as it is! :thumbsup:

7. Eleanor Rigby

Dear, I missed your thread as well !
    Happy Ec-versary Ron (*hug*) and thank you for being such a caring and helpful member here. You contribute greatly to make EC such a friendly place.
    Many (*hug*) Cécile

8. JoeG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wot, was said here.:slight_smile: and pretty much the same...when i read about others experinces and how they could/would deal with total twats:bang:, for a start, and then how to accept and work out wot i was:slight_smile:.... and then how to come out, and be comfortable about it.

so i guess, same: THANKS TO ALL UR WISE WORDS AND HELP!:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::smilewave