1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby it's Cold Outside!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NorthernDreams, Jan 5, 2011.

1. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all!

As I find myself freezing in Montreal, it somehow gave me the nerve to introduce myself in here. Not that I'm a particularly shy guy... So what is there to say about me? I'm 18, gay and out to all my friends and most of my immediate family. I have loads of interests but mostly I love spending time with the few true friends I have. I'm a total geek but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I think that reading some of the other intros and wanting to comment on some people's issues forced me to introduce myself here... I signed up here hoping to be able to offer advice to others but also to have some of my questions answered in due time. Although I'm proud of how I've come to accept my sexuality and talk about it openly with my friends, I have yet to have my first relationship even after having been out for nearly two years and still don't know if I should come out at work.

Anyways, this place seems pretty cool and I hope we'll see each other around for some time :icon_wink

Peace, Love & Bananas,
    NorthernDreams

2. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

WELCOME : D
    AND...
    AWWWWWW I don't wanna sound like a whiny brat but I wish I had gay friends -_- Then we could talk about stuff >-< But, I guess I'm glad my post inspired you : ) What about it inspired you? I'm curious. And on a random sidenote, I don't know why, but I've always wanted to go to Montreal, probably cause the name is cool XD

And I wish it was snowing here, even just a tiny bit Q_Q. Is it snowing in Montreal >_< ? If it is, though it may be freezing, know that some lonely sad kids in Vancouver look outside their window, and see RAINNNNNNNN AWL DEI LAWNG >_<

3. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!

4. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha sadly I don't talk to them about a lot of stuff, I guess I don't wanna be judged xD
    As for your post, I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I think it's mostly to due with the fact you're pretty much in the same position as I am with the same questions as I have kind of got me thinking... I don't know =P

Montréal is not just cool for the name, let me tell you! You'd love it here! I enjoyed Vancouver when I was down there even if I wasn't there very long, it's a beautiful city! And as for the snow, it isn't snowing right now but we had a bit of snow last night after all the rain we've had the past few days, but I'll tolerate the cold as it means I can go skiing again! =D

5. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Yay, I really am considering going to Montreal now XD Like... You make it sound so nice = p, idk XD UGH IT'S LIKE A VERY VERY VERY LEGIT POSSIBILITY FOR ME TO GO TO UNIVERSITY THERE. I wish there were more like LGBT kinda ~resources or whatever here, or maybe I just can't find them >_< Are there lots of like LGBT help kinda places or like support centers or anything in Montreal? I'm guessing there'd be a lot more there than Vancouver... It's too bad that the only place I know in Vancouver that's like a gay area has a like gay nightclub >_> I'd feel silly going to that area just cause I feel out of place as a kid >_< I so wish there was like a gay youth meeting place here, and maybe there is, and I just haven't found it >_< sorry for my rant DX

6. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm guessing you wanna go to McGill? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    As for the resources around I'm not really sure... I mean there are several hotlines and organizations you can go to for help, I'm just not sure they're in substantially larger numbers than in Vancouver. I've never really had to use them in the past. As for the gay village, I say you should go! You've got nothing to lose by going there and you'd be surprised how many young people walk about there during the day. Even if you can't go clubbing when the sun goes down, I'm sure the atmosphere there would be worth the trip? It is in Montréal at least... Who knows, you might even meet some new people there :icon_wink

7. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You guessed right XD It's just a possibility though. It is my second choice though : O . And... By gay village, do you mean like... in Montreal or in Vancouver? Or is 'gay village' just a term for a gay neighbourhood area? I'm confuzzled :confused: . If you mean the gay area in Vancouver, yeah, I probably will go one day to find some people to talk to hopefully, I just hope no one hits on me DX

EDIT: Imma friend you now XD My first online friend here :3

#7 radiantdawn, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  8. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I meant any gay neighboorhood, in your case in Vancouver (we call it the gay village here xD ). And if you get hit on, take it as a compliment, though nothing forces you to return it! :icon_wink
    Hell, I'd be happy if someone had tried to hit on me when I go there xD

9. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

AHHHH On second thought, I'd love it if someone hit on me XD I'd feel flattered and would maybe even date or get to know the person XD

10. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly! No harm no foul! :icon_bigg

11. Artemicion

Hi and welcome to EC!

And I had no idea Vancouver was called gay village on the east side :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...

12. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah nah I meant our gay neighbourhood in Montréal is referred to as the "gay village" xD

13. maverick

Welcome to EC! I can't imagine living in Montreal. I'm fairly certain the cold would strike me dead. Southerners don't keep at subfreezing temperatures very well. 110 degrees? Sure. -3 degrees? Hells to the no. :grin:

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome, I really like your avatar

16. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! Parles-tu français, d'abord? :grin:

17. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Welcome to EC. =)
    And how I wish I live in a Gay Village - Imagines- Sight... jk. How weird would that be...mhh...maybe not so weird.

18. NorthernDreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Évidemment je parle français! :icon_wink

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! ^^

19. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hey welcome :slight_smile:

20. InaRut

WELCOME TO EC!
    Always good to say hello to a fellow Canadian and Montrealian at that.

I'm the Walrus. I come and go in this forum like a Kharma Chameleon.

...No I do not like Boy George.