1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm coming out as a lurker.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nolarka, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Nolarka

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, EC!
    So, I'm not exactly new here...
    I've actually known about this forum for a year or so, lurking around. I feel like lurking for over a year may as well label me as a creep, so I apologize for totally STALKING EVERYONE HERE.

But anyways, I realized it was high time that I start posting around the community and actually contributing to this forum. I really find a lot of the members here to be quite enjoyable. :icon_bigg

A little about myself:

I'm a girl who considers herself to be gay, more or less. I live in Georgia, however, it's near the Atlanta area so it's not like I live in a very anti-gay community of the sort. I'm out to some people, but not my immediate family. Basically, I tried coming out to my mother once, she didn't take it well, and therefore, I decided to lie saying I wouldn't make this 'choice' anymore. Since then (that whole scenario was about 2 years ago), I decided to not come out again until I move out and am able to support myself financially. I have only a year and a half left until college and with that, it gives me some hope.

As for my spare time, I usually work on art-related things. Most of the time I'm just sketching or maybe working on a piece for piano. I'm trying to take drawing more seriously, focusing to master realism and develop good technique. Otherwise, if I don't feel like being productive, I'm gaming, reading a nice book, listening to music, or being addicted to Netflix. I also love to drink tea, usually green. I'm open to trying other teas, too. I've also recently gotten into cooking, but feel that I have a lot to learn with that hobby.

As a person, I definitely have a strong stance on civil and animal rights. I can be a very social person, but if I'm with a group of people who all are not that close with me, it's hard for me to function. I can complain (A WHOLE LOT) and have my moods swing easily. I tend to have various anxiety issues over things out of my control. I've recently been trying to meditate or go out and run whenever I face my depressive moods.

I feel like at times that I've only figured out half of what life is all about. As far as my spiritual beliefs go, I do not believe in organized religion at all. I am always open to religious ideals and their values as long as they don't spread hate towards people, animals, or nature. However, despite my catholic upbringing, my personal beliefs do believe in a higher universal power/truth that is watching over humanity and that everyone does have an afterlife with their own individual spirit. After that, I guess you could say I'm part agnostic, feeling like there's not enough revealed for us to truly know. I'm still trying to figure it out as I go along in life, no worries.

I guess that's a good summary. And with that, I shall be posting around the forums soon. Hope to get to know all of you better, cause this forum seems to have such an awesome community! :thumbsup:

2. InaRut

Whats this...Lurker is evolving?
    Lurker has evolved into EC'er

EC'er wants to learn Post but has already 4 moves?
    What move should EC'er forget?
    EC'ER forgot, shyness and learned Post!

WELCOME TO EC,
    I'm Inarut/Phil/The Walrus

3. secretstache09

This post is just too much win! Lmao.

And welcome to posting! No way i can top ^ :roflmao:

4. Artemicion

HAHAHAHA...oh this is so win! :lol:

Welcome to EC!

5. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!
    Btw, green tea is awesome. ^_^

6. Sakura

Hey! Welcome to EC! Heck yeah for more GA people. Loved the intro. And I identify with so much that you said. hehe :grin:

7. PhantomX

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: Glad to have another GA member to the community! There is starting to be quite a population of us Southerners...LOL!

8. Nolarka

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Hahaha. Holy crap, I laughed so hard after this. Great post to start with. XD

AND AWESOME SOUTHERN PEOPLE ARE AWESOME.
    Thanks for the welcomes. Nice to meet you all. :slight_smile:

9. InaRut

Glad Y'all liked it :grin: