1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction. Wootness

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by QuantumBoi, Jan 18, 2011.

1. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone. I used to be registered, but I did nothing on here for a long time. So I ditched my old account to re-register. I'm here to meet new people and make some friends. Let's get some of the basics out of the way.

I'm a 20 year old gay male (and proud of it!) living in western North Carolina. Height 5'7, weight 135 lbs., brown hair, hazel eyes, etc.

I consider two of my highest traits to be intelligence and emotions. I have a logical mind, and a beating heart (though it has some scars). I graduated in Spring 2010 with my High School Diploma and about one year of college completed toward an Associate in Science. I've essentially been on a hiatus since then. Of course, I hope to re-attend this Summer. I love knowledge in general, and have a wide spectrum of interests, including but not limited to: mathematics, physics, quantum (hence the username), animal psychology, Japan, etc. Of course boys are also an interest. Haha.

If you have any questions, please send me a message or comment in this thread. =]

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

4. Sakura

Konbanwa and hajimemashite(Good evening and nice to meet you!) :slight_smile: Hope you're doing well and make yourself at home. hehe :grin:

5. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @ Silverhalo and Gerry: Hey. Thanks. ^_^
    @Sakura: Domo arigatou gozaimasu! I'm doing pretty well. I have yet to look around a lot, but there always seems to be new posts. Haha.

6. alpha

Hello and welcome to EC ^^

7. Artemicion

Hihi and welcome back to EC :slight_smile:.

8. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @alpha and ThinksTooMuch: Thank you for welcoming me, guys! I know I'll have a great time here. =]

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

I spent 2 years living in Asheville. Beautiful place, and pretty cool place to be a gay guy. :slight_smile: Are you one of those people who drives aroudn and around and around and around the main drag for hours at a time on friday and saturday? :slight_smile:

And... I hope you stick around and participate in the community this time!! :slight_smile:

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Heyy.. Welcome back! :grin:

11. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Chip: Oh really? It definitely is a beautiful place. Very diverse and cultural, not too big or too small, and known for its education and hospitality. I've lived in the general area for most of my life. ^_^ And no, I'm not one of those people. Hahaha. If anything, I'm the one walking around for hours.
    Thanks for the warm welcoming, Chip. I definitely plan to stick around more often now. =]

@Z3ni: Thanks! :icon_bigg

12. Colton

Heyythere! Welcome back:slight_smile:

13. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Colton. Thank you. :slight_smile: I hope to see everyone around.

14. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome back!

15. Lotty

Hey, and welcome!

16. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Hi, I rewelcome you XD. You physically sound so similar to me : O . Except I dyed my hair brown, but who cares for small details =p

17. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Lostinthought9 and Lotty: Hi hi. Thankies!
    @radiantdawn: Haha. A few days on here and I've already found my twin! =O Lmao. I was thinking of dying my hair black for the Spring. I've never dyed my hair before.

18. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

I actually have an identical twin in real life :confused: XD And brown hair is nice : )

The only reason I dyed my hair is cause everyone can't differentiate between us 2 : (

It's so upsetting cause (mini rant mode activated):

1. His teachers say hi to me when they pass me in the halls
    2. Extended family can't tell us apart, and it turns into a 50/50 game -_- T_T
    3. When I walk alone, people think I'm him. But when he walks alone, people think he's him T_T
    4. I had a photo of me writing an exam in the yearbook, and I was labelled as him T_T

So anyways, I'm quite bitter about these things, but at the very least, my hair is pretty cool now : )

19. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I like quantum :grin: but I know very little about it. I studied physics at a relatively low level and always enjoyed it.

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: You seem like an interesting guy. How long have you been out? Hope you stick around!

20. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. Well, that's interesting. Aww. It must be difficult when everyone else thinks you're him. I'm sure you're both adorable, particularly you. =]

I love quantum. I know a good amount of the basics and concepts. I can hold up a conversation, but I'm by no means a genius with it. I've had one course of physics. In the Summer/Fall this year, I'll most likely be taking the second class. I hope to finish up my Associate in Science. Then I'll shoot for attending MIT as an undergrad or grad. I have soooo many interests, it is difficult to know what I want to do career-wise. However, I'm pretty certain I want to get into physics or quantum. :icon_bigg

Also, thanks so much for the compliment and welcoming. I definitely plan on sticking around. :slight_smile:

Story time!

I've been out for years. I had told a couple friends, but the desire to tell was bottling up. I hated hiding who I was. I attended a new early college in the first graduating class. We have roughly 60 students per year (for 5 years). So the school was particularly small. I tried coming out during a "study group" one day. Everyone was chatting off subject, anyway. A couple people sitting distant from the group sent pages to the school printers. The pages said derogatory stuff like that I "suck balls at the mall."

Fortunately two of my bestest friends were going down the hall to get stuff they printed. They brought it to my attention and they urged me to talk to Ms. T, our principal. So we went together. My principal seemed more focused on lecturing me about saying it during that time, as if it were my fault. Anyhow, that was perhaps the first "burst" of my coming out. Now I'm out to my parents (two separate, complicated stories), most of my friends, and generally whoever asks.