1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MeredithAncret, Jan 24, 2011.

1. :smilewave

Yeah, so I made my first post on the coming out thread, but I figured I might as well introduce myself here as well.

The name's Meredith, as you can surely tell from my forum name. I'm 20, live in the obnoxiously bipolar weather zone that is Phoenix, AZ. and I'm a lesbian. Just came out to my parents, so now basically everyone knows. My siblings and friends knew first.

I'm a writer (or I would be if I'd stop avoiding deadlines and finish editing my novel). I'm also single, because it's next to impossible to meet lesbians in my town unless you go for the drunken clubbing approach, which is not my style. It truly is frustrating.

Anyway, not much else to say. If you have a question, ask it. I'm basically an open book. (ah, the refreshing anonymity of the interwebz :thumbsup:)

2. Hey! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

4. lostinthought9

Hello. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!

5. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is Meredith a common name where you come from? Can it be shortened to anything ("Mary"?... I think I'm being stupid)?

6. Not especially common, my mother gave all of her children Welsh names. Meredith is still common in Wales...not so much in the Southwestern states, lol.

You aren't being stupid :lol:
    It CAN be shortened to Mary, but I prefer it not to be. I have an aversion to the name because of some rather cruel teasing in elementary school. If it must be shortened I prefer "Mere"

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

8. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Welcome ^_^ Sounds like you have your stuff together : ) I'll greet you 5 min after on your coming out story thread >_<

9. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC, Meredith. I'm surprised nobody asked. What is your novel about? If you become a major star, will you sign autographs for us? :grin:

10. Haha, sure I'll sign autographs. You can all say "I knew her way back when..."

It's a sort of sci-fi crime drama. Government conspiracies, psychics, crazy fundamentalists (okay, they are the in sequel), and federal agencies that hunt down crazy psychics and lock them away. Yeah...it's a little cliche, but it's a cliche that may sell well.(!)

11. InaRut