1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, Newb here. :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Random Dent, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Hallo, Everyone. :slight_smile:

I am not very good with introductions or talking about myself (I am my least favourite subject XD) but a couple facts about me:

I'm a 26 year old female, I still live with my family and I have never had a real relationship.
    I am addicted to music (Rammstein is my favourite band EVER).
    I believe chocolate is a necessary food group.
    My favourite author is Stephen King, even though he terrifies me I intend on reading every book & story he's ever written.

And I think I am a lesbian.

It all started when I was 13/14.
    I used to look at the girls in the locker room and imagine kissing them and whatnot.
    When I was 16 I told my siblings that I think I might be bisexual. I was noticing women, and I was very curious about what it would be like to be with a woman. I would look at (nude) pictures of females, I would read lesbian erotica, et cetera. My favourite fantasy was me and another woman. I couldn't imagine myself with a man, ever, it didn't feel right.

Long story short I have slept with guys (two). The sex was never satisfying. Kissing them was like kissing my brother and as soon as I saw them naked I would become turned off.

Six years ago I decided I would never sleep with a man again. I don't feel right with them. Hanging out is fine, but when it comes to intimacy....no thank you.

I started to wonder if I was a full blown lesbian about a month ago. I began day dreaming about being in a relationship with a woman more and more. I fantasized about women more and more. The first time I said to myself "I am a lesbian" it made me smile and I felt high for a couple days. It felt right. I've accepted myself as a lesbian.

I told my brother and sister a few days ago. They're very open minded, so they're perfectly fine with it. I have yet to tell my parents though. I know they're also open minded. And they'll just want me to be happy...but I don't know how to say it. With my siblings it was easy. I had already told them I was bisexual, so all I had to say was "I'm not bisexual - I'm a lesbian."
    I don't know how to tell my parents because I never told them I was bisexual.

Anyway. That's my story. The beginning anyway....I have a lot more I want to say, but I'll save it for another post. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am really glad I found this forum. I'd been looking for days for something like this. :grin:
    (*hug*)s all

2. Artemicion

Hihi and welcome to EC, hope things will work out for you :slight_smile:.

3. Bryan44

Hello and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

I hope that you will find help and support from everyone here! I am glad to hear that your brother and sister are supportive of you, that always helps :grin:

4. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Thanks, Bryan. :slight_smile:

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

6. Ha! This was me too. I just couldn't keep a smile off of my face and I wanted to jump around like a crazy person!

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

7. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Thanks hon!

Although I'm having doubts, I know in my heart I'm a lesbian. It makes me happy. :grin: (!)
    (*hug*)

8. EM68

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

10. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

WELCOME TO EC!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and chocolate ftw!

11. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Hugs all around.

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

12. Jonathan

:welcome: Welcome to EC!!!

13. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sounds like you are in the right track so keep at it and we are here if you ever need to vent,advice or to rant!

14. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Thanks a lot, TheEd. :grin:
    hugs.

15. GreyGirl08

Welcome! We have a lot in common! I too have only slept with two guys...guess I wasn't really feeling it...I realized I might be a lesbian about a month before my 26th birthday. It's nice to know I'm not alone in that regard! I also just told my parents a couple of weeks ago (my siblings already knew as well).

16. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

thanks, hon. :slight_smile:

I haven't told my parents yet. I'm positively itching to. The thing is I'm scared to death! I'm not worried about their reactions, I'm just scared in general. I don't talk to them much about heavy things like this. :confused:

17. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Thanks, Fizz. :slight_smile: