1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC has changed my life :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by waitingsucks, Oct 20, 2007.

1. waitingsucks

When i thought about this i didn't really know where to post this thread but anyway here goes i'll keep it short(ish).

Ever since i was browsing the net and was probably on a website I shouldn't of been on anyway:***: lol. I found a link recomended for young confused or gay youths so i just had to click. As i explored the website i found heaps of people who were going through the same things as me and thought about the world in a way not many other ppl i know do. For about a year (at least) I have been non-stopped depressed about my sexuality, what ppl will think and if i'll ever find love/true happiness etc. I slowly began to accept the way i was and never went that far in "trying to be sure" (dating girls etc.) or hiding behind a facade too much (constantely making hetero sex jokes or talking about women like they're meat etc.) in other words over-compensating or being untrue to myself.

I was so happy that there was people just like me who weren't just in books and movies. I never really speak to many ppl that i no to be gay/bi and it's really helped me get a better perspective and stop suppressing even thinking about the feelings that i was entitled to have. What has been set up is a great resource and has changed my life in more ways than i could ever say. I feel happier (am happier) I don't bottle too much inside because i can pour it all out on EC and though i haven't really made friends as such on EC I still think that everyone on EC is part of a tight group (&&&) of people who "understand"

Thanks to all the moderators for all your great work and keep it up. I hope this website just gets more and more members!:icon_bigg

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm so happy to hear this. Thank you for sharing that! It gives all of us great pride in knowing we truly do help people on this website and it's not only the adminstators and moderators but the great people who come here everyday and share their stories.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Exactly. It's the members that make this site so great. Us admins and mods try to keep things running smoothly and post when we have something to say, but if it wasn't for all the active members who offer everyone such a warm welcome, support and friendship, we would have nothing to moderate.

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've only been here about a month and agree with you entirely. I should have found this site a lot earlier. Hope you stay a long time.

5. SpikySpice

This site is great and I have heard many peopel compliment our family:slight_smile:

Yeah, it's a safe place to make friend, share advices, it's a place for me to learn new stuffs, and yeah, to type out my feelings:slight_smile:

6. EC has changed my life too I love it so much :slight_smile:

7. Jim1454

I'd say it has changed my life as well. At least helped me through the process of change that was already happening. This is a great site.

8. xequar

This place is what helped me to finally come out! Honestly, everyone here makes this place a genuine gem, and our admin busts their butts to make things work well!

Major props to all (&&&)

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

EC has also changed my life and I love it here ^_^ whoohoo EC!

10. waitingsucks

Yea I didn't mention the people on this website. Well in that case. Well done to every1 for make this a great site where u can talk about different thing/learn about things from all these different perspectives. I'd Reccomend this site to any1!

11. Kimi

Awwwwwwww

I'm so happy for you to hear that(*hug*)