1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya, EC!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Peace, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Peace

Hiya! I'm Peace. :smilewave:

I'll be turning seventeen in five days' time, and I live in Puerto Rico. Technically, I'm not Puertorrican because my parents are both foreigners, but I was born here.

I'm interested in a wide range of things which would probably take much to long to list. Suffice to say that I'd like to study History or Literature in college. My hobbies are ballet, art, and music. I like old films as well, although that's a relatively new interest of mine.

Like many millions of other teenagers, I'd love to be a published author someday. The chances of that happening are quite low, unfortunately, due to my tendency to procrastinate.

I wish I could say that I'm an optimistic, self-confident person. Someday I will be. For now, I just try to face the day with a smile.

Looks-wise, I'm average. I'm 5'6'' tall. I have wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and I'm slim. I almost always wear dresses. I like 50's and "lolita fashion" styles.

So, now for the hard part.

I do not know what my sexual orientation is. When I was little, I often had mini-crushes on my friends of both genders, and I suspected that I was bisexual as soon as I learned what "bisexual" meant. However, it seems like at times I find myself attracted more to one gender than the other. So, I'm unsure.

Another thing about me is that I'm a kiss-less virgin. I've managed to botch the few chances I've had to change that due to shyness, or simply not noticing the chance until it was too late. If anyone has any advice on this, I'd really appreciate it! ♥

Well, that's quite enough about me! I'm looking forward to learning about all of you. :icon_bigg

2. TheDarkerPoet

Hola chica! Welcome to EC :smilewave
    Fellow aspiring writer, nice to know.

As to your questions on sexuality, what I can say is this: if you are comfortable with being bisexual and are attracted to both genders (regardless of liking females more or vice-versa) then you most likely are. You're still young though, and some people don't really know until their thirties (not saying you should wait that long to decide, lol).
    Also, if you have had fantasies of being with the same gender as well as the opposite and feel that you wouldn't be uncomfortable with kissing a girl, that's another sign.

Hope this helps (*hug*)

3. Peace

Oh, hi! I was reading your introduction post just a minute ago. What a coincidence! ♥ Thanks so much for the warm welcome. (*hug*)

Haha, I just knew I'd come across some fellow writers-in-the-making here. What type of things do you write? (Going by your username, I'm guessing poetry!)

Your advice is very wise. I fantasize a lot about being with other girls, and I'm pretty comfortable with it. Still, I don't think I really want to label myself yet, since I've never actually been in a relationship. You're right that I'm still young; I've got years to make up my mind. :icon_bigg

4. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

WELCOME TO EC!
    I love the 50s and lolita fashion, itz zo zick! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:( and so is writing stories and history!)
    now for your question, I can't give the best advice on that since I've never kissed anyone or anything like that, as for the other question, wat gender do u tend to like most? I guess you seem bisexual, If it's boys u tend to like most, then you might be just curious for girls.

5. Peace

D'aww, thanks!!! (*hug*)

I think I like both genders equally. Even my friends are pretty evenly divided between boys and girls! Thing is, though, I sometimes like different genders at different times instead of both at the same time. Kind of awkward, right? Or is this common?

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I guess I felt like that before, but now I know for sure that I'm into boys but sometimes I doubt that I'm into any gender at all :/ I guess it might be pretty common :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: especially since your still questioning your sexuality.

7. Artemicion

Hai and welcome to EC! I, myself want to be a author as well...but i have procrastination issues as well LOL. But hell, it's become my side hobby for now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Again welcome :slight_smile:

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual people seem to often switch between primary attractions based on a variety of factors.
    Welcome to EC!

9. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Hola. Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

10. Peace

Good to know, thanks!

Thanks to you all for welcoming me so nicely! (&&&)

11. TheJoker

Welcome (&&&)

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

13. Bryan44

Hello! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: