1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm still alive!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by xequar, Oct 21, 2007.

1. xequar

I know I don't post all that much, but I also know that people tend to notice pretty quickly if someone's gone, so...

Wednesday morning, I was riding my bicycle to work (about 11 miles) when a large SUV ran a red light and hit me on my bike. The very very short version of the story is that, despite everything, I only got a broken leg (amazingly), but it is broken in 14 places and I won't be able to walk on it for 8 to 12 weeks.

But, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back in the loop!

Oh, and pics of the remnants of my helmet... If you don't ride with a helmet, go get one NOW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpikySpice

Hi Xequar, thanks God you are ok(*hug*)

I have heard about your accident, and it was terrible, and we prayed for you

Well,I hope you get well soon Xequar, Im glad that you are back to the group and be careful nest time

Yeah, I will rid ewith my helmet on :grin:

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Good to know your alright

4. Zec24

I am glad you are still alive! That sounds like a horrific experience. Heal fast!

5. xequar

Wow, I'm surprised word spread out this far... If you don't mind my asking, how'd you hear about it? Feel free to PM me if it's not public material or if you'd be more comfortable with that.

And I thank all of you for your well wishes! They really are appreciated.

6. davo-man

Wow thats amazing (not in the good way)...Im glad you're alright, and thank god that you wore a helmet

7. Louise

Well someone was looking out for you!!! What an amazingly lucky escape. I am so relieved for you and your loved ones.

Hope the leg heals well and the pain is bareable :icon_sad:

8. TeeBe

Ouch! I hope your leg is alright. Did they need to reset it at all??? 14 places! You were so lucky!! I hope you get better soon!

9. Torture

Torture Guest

+1!

10. Kimi

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are ok(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Hope your leg will heal fast so you can enjoy riding bike again:icon_wink :thumbsup:

11. xequar

The leg is currently being held together by metal and brawn... It took surgery and surgical rods, plates, and screws to put the mess back together.

But yeah, I actually did not even take a pain prescription from the hospital, and after my follow-up with the doc today, he's thinking I might be able to start putting pressure on it and going through physical therapy in as little as four weeks! I've been cleared to drive, at least automatic transmission cars (of course, I drive a stick...), and I can go back to work next week.

So yeah, today was a lot of good news! And, the outpouring of sympathy and support from friends, family, and co-workers has just been staggering! It's enough to leave me speechless!

12. TriBi

Ouch!

Sorry - I missed this thread before (have been uber busy with work and not been able to check much on the Forums).

Here in Australia helmets are compulsory...so the only place where I have ridden without a helmet in the USA - and then only in the backwoods where there is little traffic.

I no longer do long training rides, just the occasional jaunt, as I don't have the time to do Tri's anymore - but I always DID think that the old "brain bucket" was a VERY worthwhile investment. By the look of yours...you just proved that.:wink:

Hope the leg heals fast and doesn't slow you down too much :slight_smile:

13. ColdSnap

oh gosh that's awful >_< hope your leg is better soon, 16 places!! sheesh

14. Ronnie92

lol nice bump ColdSnap

15. Magnet

So glad to here that your ok :slight_smile: