1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a while

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kat22, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kat22

Hey all!

I haven't been on for a few weeks. I've been really busy with classes and work, so I just thought I'd say hi and see how you all are doing. Here's what's been going on in my life:

My grandmother, who had once said that while she loves me, she wishes I wasn't gay, now says that she wouldn't change who I am for the world, and absolutely loves my girlfriend, almost as much as me I think. lol

My mom has been doing better with my being gay, and by being better I mean she now doesn't tell me to shut up when I mention that my girlfriend and I went out to eat or went out to the state park reserve, and still hasn't told my dad.

I kinda ran the idea of my being gay past my little sister, and I think ultimately that she'll be okay with it, but she is going to need some time before I actually tell her.

I told the last of my two friends that I really wanted to tell, and they both took it really well, and are just happy that I am happy.

Finally, I did it. I bought my girlfriend a ring. I plan on giving it to her around Christmas, which is also coincidentally right around our anniversary. Wish me luck!!!

It's great to be back. I missed you guys!!!

Kat (&&&)

2. SpikySpice

Hey Katz welcome back :wave:

3. Tom

Tom Guest

Hey welcome back =]

im glad your life seems 2 be working out for you:thumbsup:

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Glad things are going well for you Kat! You are living proof that changes can be made even in families where coming out is really hard!

5. Torture

Torture Guest

Glad things are going good! :slight_smile:

6. Kimi

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is working out well:thumbsup: