1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just In Time

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Raeil, May 12, 2011.

1. Raeil

Hi everyone! As I'm new, I figured I'd post here, you know since it's the introduction forum... yep, that's what I read at least.

Anyway, I got here by google, looking for advice on coming out, as I've been struggling with who and how to come out for a while. I hope that within the month, I have a couple of coming out stories to add to the forum, and I also hope to be an active member here, talking with and supporting others like myself.

As far as what I like, I'm currently attending college for Mathematics, hoping to get a PhD and start teaching within the next decade. In my long free times I play video games and read SF/Fantasy (or manga if some new chapters have come out), and in my shorter free times I use StumbleUpon. Friday nights are generally movie nights with my college family, which consists of three straight couples. It's kinda awkward, being a seventh wheel, but it's what I've got for now.

Finally, a summary of my story. I started to realize I was gay between the ages of 8 and 12, and actually realized it at age 12. Because of my extremely conservative Christian background, I suppressed my identity and refused to recognize it until I was 17. Then I went to college, and over the past two years, I recognized it. The past seven months have been rather stressful, as I've been dealing with 19 credit hours as well as coming to terms with who I am. Still, I'm mostly comfortable with who I am now, and am only worried about reactions from my highly conservative friends.

Thanks for reading. Whoa, that's kind of large for an introduction, seriously thanks much. I look forward to posting elsewhere in this forum, and talking with you all soon!

Sincerely,
    Raeil

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!
    I hope you like it here!

3. godawgsko

Hi Welcome to EC !

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I enjoyed reading your intro!

Coming out can be hard to deal with. Specially alone. Feel free to ask, vent or whatever you else need on here :slight_smile:

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.