1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more hiding - No Alias Required.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NoAliasRequired, May 12, 2011.

1. NoAliasRequired

Hello,

I've recognized that I was into boys and told some friends a few months ago. It wasn't until very recently I rreally owned it (even made it facebook official). Right when I made it facebook official, I hear about this genocide that might've occured in Uganda. That brought back to reality how much hate there still is out there. It is scary, and I broke down wondering if it was the right move.
    I was ashamed to tell people about Uganda's news because I did not feel comfortable preaching gay equality... It tore me up because I had nobody to talk to.

Finding this online forum led me to going to my University's LGBT Resource center and finding somebody to talk to. That was the thing I needed most. I did not know who to talk to at all. I am a VERY optimistic person, yet because of this experience, I can understand why some people feel compelled to consider suicide. I feel so much better now. I want to be proud of who I am, and I understand now that it'll take a lot of courage... and damn, hell, I just need someone who understands.

While at the resource center I met a cute boy who seems to have connected with me. It's like a whole new world. Who knows, things can get romantic or not. I'm just so happy I don't have to feel this way by myself.

I was scared I would be this guy writing a "gay" post in the past because I thought "gay" was a bad word. I am still kind of in shock coming to the realization that I like boys. I think I am happier being authentic rather than homophobic. But as I'm sure a lot of you know, it is Damn scary. I applaud openly gay people because they must have had to deal with the same things I'm dealing with right now, and it's not easy.

I know things will get better. Reading all the stuff on this webpage makes me feel stronger. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    BT

2. x2x2x2x2y2

Firstly, hello and welcome!! :slight_smile:

Secondly, when I heard about everything in Uganda, I was almost brought to tears. Not because of sadness, but because of happiness. There were 1.5 million people out there that tried to stop the bill. 1.5 million people that believe in equality and care about us LGBT people. Yes, there are people who dislike and hate us, but I was still happy to hear that people came together to stop this. I just try to look on the brightside of all this.

Anyways, as I said before, welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here. :slight_smile:

3. godawgsko

Hello Welcome To EC !

4. Raeil

Hi! Welcome to EC! Glad to have you with us!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Seems like you have been through a lot already. Be proud of everything you have accomplished so far! What happens in Uganda is horrible, but it takes all of us to put a stop to it.

Congrats on starting to accept yourself and know that we are always hear to listen.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome.

unfortunately, you can't change the world, hell you can't even change people, but the world has gotten better. But, if people can be brave and honest about who they are the world will be forced to accept them. Maybe not today not tomarrow, but if we look back on how far people have come from only 20 years ago, things have gotten better.

There will always be hate in the world, nothing we can do about that. But maybe ignorance can be solved