1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lookinside23, May 30, 2011.

1. lookinside23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everybody,
    I heard about this site from a comment on sixbillionsecrets.com. they said i should come check it out and i did. I live in a highly conservative christian town and i am a gay seventeen year old dude. I kinda always knew i was guy but i pushed it down for the past six years and prayed it would go away. it hasn't. being gay and being christian have been the hardest thing for me to try to reconcile. I am not out of the closet. I have only told my sister and like five of my friends about myself. i don't think i will ever be able to tell me parents.
    Things are tough. Really im just waiting to graduate and experience the world. I want to learn who i am and who God is and basically what the hell is going on. I'm not gonna lie, im scared. of many things. being gay, my future, my family, being alone (i don't know if i believe God wants me to have a relationship with a dude...still trying to figure it out) and i really don't want to be alone. but i don't know. I'm praying just to survive...

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!
    I hope you can find all that you are looking for while you are here.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Being gay and christian can be very tough things to reconcile, but there is a way and there are many people that have been able to stay true to themselves while keeping God in their lives.

We also have quite a decent number of members on EC that are christian and have been able to slowly accept themselves, so there are people out there having the same doubts and fear as you. There is no need to go through it alone :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

5. stageone

Hi Lookinside :slight_smile:
    I am also a Christian and just figured out that I'm gay. Still haven't figured out how to reconcile that, but God has always been important in my life and... what can I say? I am who I am. There is a Metropolitan Community Church about an hour or so from me that I am going to check out when I can get away. I have been told that some people feel closer to God than ever after coming out to themselves (and maybe to others) because they are finally living honestly.
    Guess there's hope for both of us. Welcome to EC

6. Ecap1

One thing I can tell you is that God made you the way you are. He planned you to be gay. He wanted you to be gay. Be honest with yourself: Do you have a choice about who you are sexually attracted to? No. That's because God made you that way just like how he gave you one heart and one brain. No matter what people tell you He loves you so don't worry.

Oh and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

- A Catholic dude

7. lookinside23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I like this site a lot so far. Just spending time reading the coming out stories. And its amazing seeing a few other people who are religious going through similar struggles i guess? In my town i actually know of no other gay people. Mix that in with the disgust i have seen in my church, town, and family over the subject of homosexuality its relieving to not feel so alone.