1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original title:Hello I'm new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MaskedPrincess, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MaskedPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello cyberspace! I'm never much good at contributing to such places, I tend to be one who lurks... I'm here because being a lesbian has never been an issue for me, up until it came to the whole 'coming out' thing when I realised that if it really wasn't an issue I'd have come out a while ago... Ah well. Currently I have no idea how many know about me because I was a coward and just changed my 'interested in' on Facebook. The world hasn't imploded, in fact nothing at all has happened bar one or two 'likes' and a creepy stalker girl asking me out. Then again I haven't seen anyone since the 'outing' a week ago...so who knows maybe I got no mates left :confused:

2. Hello, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there, welcome the the family :slight_smile: Glad you could join us, stick around, even if it is lurking just to pop up and ask something before you lurk once more, it's up to you how much you contribute here.

Thing is with Facebook, there's a lot of this 'Frape' business going around where the "Interested In" section will be regularly changed, I don't think many people actually take it seriously if it happens to anyone. Not saying it's not a step forward or anything, it is a big step :slight_smile:
    I'd imagine that most people who take active interest in you have clocked that it's changed, perhaps your closest friends would be the people to talk to first, be it text, MSN or over Facebook itself and just let them know that it was an intentional change. Maybe they haven't noticed, but you'll be surprised the number of friends you have are supportive of you no matter what. I highly doubt you've lost mates over a change in Facebook info :slight_smile:

4. Idonteven

hello, welcome.

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

6. MaskedPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ah, hello again :slight_smile: I'm pleased some people responded, I was a little worried that I was to be ignored on cyberspace and that's got to be the lowest of the low hasn't it? Thank you for the welcomes!

@Rosina Thanks ^_^ I didn't even consider the whole 'Frape' (what a terrible word) business, since I've never been 'fraped' before and me changing it seems to be wholly different. I did post a note later on (although admittedly only visible to a few) explaining that I had outed myself, so that this other controlling person didn't think she had 'outed' me. I didn't want her to have any control you understand. No response as yet so it looks like I'll have to go with other, more terrifying method...

I'm pleased you think I won't lose any friends, I sure hope so! They're very gay friendly so I think it'll be more of a shock that I am rather than a clash if ideologies :grin:

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Congrats on coming out. Even if it was only on facebook :slight_smile:

The frustrating thing about coming out on facebook is that you reallly don't know who knows and who doesn't know. You could always tell the few friends you want later on if it bothers you.

For now, just assume that you are completely out and don't hold back with your friends :slight_smile:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

9. MaskedPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Haha :slight_smile: yeah, despite the not knowing who knows thing I was pretty much just going to act like they do if they should ask! Besides which, despite being an uber-femme they really ought to have cottoned on. I mean in all these years not mentioning any male crush? And the blank expression I have when they chat about some male celebrity? And then there's the fact I consistently say I don't want to get married and that I don't want to have kids but may adopt... Lol if they're really shocked they've been blinded by stereotype! Thanks btw xx:lol: