1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi im new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Matt, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Matt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey all im new here made account/profile thing just today can some one help me and explain the happenings of this site also how do i get into the chat room ?
    thanks ,
    Matty :slight_smile:

#1 Matt, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. Skiel

Skiel Guest

Hi Welcome to EC :slight_smile: Well to start off, to use the chat room, you have to be a full member. So you have to post at least 50 times in the forums and then send a request for full membership. Also there are different sections to post your questions in. Like this intro you have here should have been posted in the "Introductions and Welcome" section. There is also a fun and games and support and advice sections and etc. Post as frequently as you like whenever you need some advice or when you just want to vent something out! I hope you enjoy it here :grin:

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Welcome Matty,

On this website, there are first of all some general coming out stories and resources at the top of the website in the white tabs. ( Welcome, Forum, Chat Room, Resources, News and Members). Most of the time I think most people spend is on the Forum, which is what this is.

On this forum, you can go to each catagory of posts, chit chat, fun and games, support and advice etc. On all of those, you can read other people's posts and reply to them if you would like. And on each catagory, you can add your own thread, like you did with this one. People here are really good at replying to threads in a quick amount of time.

If you want to use the chat room, you have to wait until you have 50 posts on here and until you have been here for 2 weeks, they want to keep this site used for coming out and support, but not meeting other people to date or etc. But then you can send a request to become a full member, and full members can use the chat room.

You can also edit your profile, or view other proflies by clicking on their/your name.

And there are probably a few things I missed here, but there hopefully will help you figure it all out.

Welcome again! :slight_smile:

4. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome :slight_smile:

Who are you out to and how did it go?

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

9. Matt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    omg thanks for the replies i did not expect so much support , a million thanks :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2011 at 08:59 AM ----------

Hi, Corporal Sparks

I confessed to a female friend of mine that ive slept with a guy, i came out to her becuase she has a lot of bi/gay friends even tho she is straight she was cool with it but i told her she has to be a vault with this i dont want anyone knowing . :slight_smile::slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2011 at 09:05 AM ----------

Hi,
    Also y has this thing been moved pls explain y how and wen it was moved
    thanks in advance
    sorry im still a noob lol
    :slight_smile:
    Matty:bang:

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Like they said above you have to become a full member in order for you to be able to use the chat room. If you have any more questions about it you can find most of the answers in the FAQ page :slight_smile:

I moved the thread for you since this is a more appropriate place for you introduction post. And don't worry, we were all noobs once haha :slight_smile: