1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exciting person here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Luellen, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Luellen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello. I'm that most unique of online creatures - an histrionic, white, teenaged girl. Um, you know, black-haired I'm constantly paranoid that I'll be mistaken for a scene thirteen year old who believes other people still use MySpace. To be honest, I'm terrified that I'll come off as being nothing but snarky, humourless and self-absorbed, even though everyone here seems friendly enough. I'm Canadian, so I should be friendly and helpful to have around. But a lot of Canadians aren't, so.

I've been aware that I was different since I was around eleven, but not really sure of how - mostly, it'd just be me tilting my head in innocent confusion when other girls my age would be swooning over somebody else. Always just thought I was too young to care. I remember once practically wishing that I could be a lesbian because I was so averse to the prospect of having to have a husband, boyfriend or otherwise be intimately involved with a man - Captain Oblivious much, yeah?
    But I've figured out and accepted that I am for a few months now... I thought of myself as a 'presumed bisexual' for a long time before that, but calling myself bisexual always felt wrong... really, the only 'bi' aspect was that I had all of two crushes on (admittedly rather effeminate) boys in my life which I could point to as evidence of how perfectly straight and normal I was. I feel much more comfortable as a lesbian though, everything's made a lot more sense to me since I've figured that out.

I've not come out to anyone I know yet. I'm blessed with a very open, progressive family (except for Gives-Christianity-A-Bad-Name type fundamentalist Christian Dad, who lives on the other side of the country and would be pleased no end to hear how his daughter turned out... :icon_wink) so I have no reason to hold back other than my own insecurity. I've rehearsed over and over what I'd say and how I'd do it, working out whether it'd be better if I was blunt and got it over with, or if I should on a long speech justifying mine daring to be gay before actually saying as much... every time though, all I say is "Nevermind." So no real angst, I'll just wait and take my time.

Other 'n that, I'm unschooled (aka home"schooling" where you just buy the kids a bunch of textbooks and hope they work out what they need to know on their own) resulting in mine knowing more than anyone could practically need to know about the history of post-punk and abnormal psychology, but not the first thing about maths; I'm a Buddhist; I'm married to my cat.

That's a long way of saying I'm a terribly exciting person. Hello. I hope it's nice here.

2. Anne Nonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, hello there :slight_smile:

I'd just like to say: Canadian chicks rawk! I wanted to be there for the slut walk back in April, but my parents said, "hell no!" :bang:

Also, your Prime Minister is kinda creepy. But this is not the place to talk about that, I guess :lol:

3. Idonteven

eh he is?! I don't see it :slight_smile:

Hai! Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome :slight_smile:

What do you mean by you're married to your cat?

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Your post was very entertaining :slight_smile:

7. Luellen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh, he definitely is creepy! He's like an automaton! And he can't pronounce his french very well =c

Fantastic to hear it! And my cat is the friendliest being, human or animal, in this rather godforsaken town, so. She knows all my secrets.

8. Tracy Lord

Hi, Luellen! I think you're going to like it here...

9. Eleanor Rigby

Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

11. Mister Gaga

Hey girl, welcome to EC =)