1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello~

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Theophilus, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Theophilus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello. :3 You can call me Theo for now. I'm a 13-yr old dorkface. Sexuality and gender constantly fluctuating, so for right now I'm just very QUEER. When I was maybe...10? I watched a segment on Chaz Bono in the news. And that right there clicked for me. I realized that I wasn't, and never would be, a girl. I've already gone through a few phases... I've been a lesbian, a straight out trans boy, a gay guy, a bisexual girl... err, you get the idea. So now I've decided that it's maybe best to NOT put any labels on myself. I'm very much into menswear - particularly steampunk-inspired things. Tailcoats and cravats and waistcoats make my heart pound. But I also like glitter and makeup and girly junk. I'm also the sort of ridiculous nerd who can recognize nearly every bone in the human body :grin: I've gone through periods of hating myself and periods of being totally confident in my awesome, geeky, queer self (right now is one of the better times, in case you care). I've felt that I was too manly, or too girly, or I didn't like the right things or the right people. But I'm done trying to mold myself to other people's expectations of what I should be. Just because I like girls or I'm genderqueer doesn't mean I have to be masculine; just because I like guys doesn't mean I have to want to be swept off my feet by one. And just because I'm smart doesn't mean I can't be girly. I'm the sort of person who's equally likely to be covered in dirt as in glitter.

This forum seems really awesome, and a lot more inclusive to genderqueers than several other LGBT forums I've seen. Hope to see you guys around.

#1 Theophilus, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. whiterosebeka

hey, just because your smart doesn't mean you can't be girly?
    i'm smart...does that make me a boy? sorry that just rubbed me the wrong way....

but anywhoo, HELLUR AND WELCOME TO EC, I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL STAY HERE, AND YES THERE ARE COMPLEMENTARY MINTS ON YOUR PILLOW! :grin:

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :smilewave

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :slight_smile: Whats your all-time favourite animal? :grin:

7. Idonteven

Welcome to EC

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

9. Anne Nonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I say, "amen," to all of that, Theo! It's not for other people to define who you are. Your individuality and worth are absolute (*hug*) I think whiterosebeka might have misread what you wrote ...

That's kinda shocking to hear -- about other LGBT forums not being as tolerant :eek: But considering how misogynist some of the women posting on Afterellen are, I guess it shouldn't surprise me :bang: