1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello EC (first post/thread)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Weatherguy101, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want to introduce myself, My name is Scott, I'm 17, and currently am unsure of my sexuality.

I am attracted to boys, but I have never been with a boy or girl :dry:
    Usually the boys are a year or 2 younger than I am, currently not attracted to any boys older than me. Maybe one or 2 boys grab my attention at my age.

Most, if not all school lunches, I find myself checking out one or 2 of the cute boys rather than the girls. these boys are one to 2 grades lower than mine, so the only time i can see them is either in the hall ways or during lunch. So I usually have something to look forward to for every lunch and passing through the hall ways.

There is this one boy, a 1 grade lower, who really attracted me, especially during the last 2 weeks of school. So I could only see him during lunches and in the halls. (If you want to hear more on this, just message me and i'll be glad to go over it in more depth.)

Does anyone else have these same experiences?

That's all I have to say for now

Feel free to chat with me anytime, I really could use it, maybe you could too!

2. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

Are you attracted to girls as well, or just boys? If you like both then you could be bisexual- although labeling yourself isn't really necessary or important. It's good that you already know you're attracted to boys as that's a good starting point to figuring yourself out. I've only just accepted myself as bisexual, so the confusion about this kind of thing is still fresh in my head. If you ever want to chat, you're welcome message me too.

I found that the thing that helped me sort this out in my brain was writing it down. I've started writing in a diary- well hidden, lol- if I'm feeling particually confused or I need to get my feelings down. Being able to read back over your thoughts enables you to rationalise them, and pick out anything meaningful.

The point about never having been with a girl or a boy was a problem that I had too. My theory was that I couldn't know untill I'd tried both out, but recently I've decided that that's not the case. If you think about what you want with each gender e.g. relationship, just sex... it shows you how you view them and if you prefer one over the other or like them equally.

As for the age gap, I can't really be much help there as I'm the in the bottom year of my school... I guess that it's just your preferance, people like older guys and you like younger ones. No problems. I sometimes find myself doing the same in the lunch halls, and it's a positive if anything. If it makes you happy, then good.

So that's all I can give you really. Sorry if I'm not much help, that's all drawn from my very limited experience. Hope everything turns out great :grin:

3. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is currently 1 maybe 2 girls that grab my eye from time to time. Labeling myself as bisexual for now would seem like a wise choice, and as I gain experience, that may eventually change to gay or even straight.

I have not kept a journal of thoughts on the subject, but maybe I should start, as it gets crowded in my mind with all the thoughts, and pulling them out can be difficult and stressful.

After Freshman year of high school, you may find the new people coming in from younger grades to be more attractive than the people that you see during your freshman year. That's what really got me going, I just finished my Junior year of high school, and the freshman and sophomores are the ones that grab my eye.(could just be a person preference)

I appreciate any responses, as I have never talked about my sexuality. Feels good to be honest.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Figuring out your sexuality can be very confusing, but you can definitely do it without having to necessarily be with both sexes. Actually, a lot of people seem to be more confused about their sexuality because they did try both sexes.

The best thing is to try and not over analyze it and enjoy the ride :slight_smile: