1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

<insert witty, attention-grabbing title here>

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lusantian, Jul 10, 2011.

1. lusantian

...yeah. Never was quite sure how to title these things. :dry:

Aaaaaaaanyway. My name is Josh, and I'm a 19-year-old gay guy. (still kind of weird to hear myself saying that, haha.)

I was raised in a Christian family. Not that they were fundamentalist or unloving by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely of the "homosexuality = bad" variety. I've never been attracted to women at all, which of course isn't a bad thing when you're trying to go along with the whole "convince yourself that you're straight and waiting for sex until marriage" thing. :bang:

Anyway, I managed to be confused and insecure about the whole sexuality thing through high school and my first year of college. I kept trying to convince myself that I was really bi, and that I just had to wait for the right girl to come along (haha riiiiiight...) That line of thinking kind of wrecked itself about six months ago, when I realized that I actally had a shot with "that girl" and I still wasn't interested.

So the past couple months I've been doing some serious soul-searching. I'm still trying to reconcile my faith and my sexuality, as I'm very much a Christian but very much gay. I've come out to a handful of people at college - mainly my fraternity brothers (who have been extremely accepting; one of them is openly gay as well :icon_bigg). My parents still don't know, and I've been trying to figure out the best way to come out to them that won't irreversibly harm our relationship.

Anyway, about me... I'm fascinated by anything related to computers, and am pursuing a degree in computer engineering. I'm also slightly addicted to music in general :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Listing everything I listen to would take up entirely too much space, but Anberlin's been on heavy rotation recently. Anything else, just ask :slight_smile:

2. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

Hey, welcome :grin:
    Do you listen to any kpop? If you know what that is...

3. JudgeDredd

Hello and welcome. I'm actually majoring in computer engineering as well:grin:. Yay for being computer nerds:grin:

4. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC.
    Anberlin-The feel good drag, is my favorite song by them.
    Care to name a couple other bands you enjoy?

5. lusantian

Not really, no. Don't mind it, but it's just not on the default playlist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yay nerddom! *highfive*

Feel Good Drag is definitely one of their better songs, I agree. Although (*Fin) still takes the cake, as far as I'm concerned.

Let's see, other bands... if we're sticking with "Christian" groups: Capital Lights, House of Heroes, Relient K (more their older stuff), Falling Up, TFK, and Switchfoot. Mainstream... anything goes, really. Lady Gaga, Pink, Simon and Garfunkel, Pat Benatar, Bruno Mars, Sara Bareilles, U2, Usher, some Eminem, Cascada, Rihanna... that's just the initial brain-dump; shall I continue? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoy more hard rock/metal sort of music, so those bands don't interest me really. Got any of those on mind?

7. lusantian

Blindside, Demon Hunter, Skillet (kind of?), Red. Pat Benatar pretty much defined women's rock in the 80's, if retro stuff's your thing. Can't forget the classics, either: Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin...

8. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I'll enjoy those bands(Blindside, Demon Hunter, Skillet)
    I'm not sure if you herd of Flaw, Ill Nino, Trust company? They are really good.

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

10. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: