1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie from the UK

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by redblanket, Jul 26, 2011.

1. redblanket

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone.

I just found this forum yesterday and I'm so glad I did! I've been looking for somewhere safe where I can chat to other people about this sort of thing. I'm in my mid-20s and I've known that I'm bisexual since I was about 13. For a long time I thought I must be gay because I was only ever attracted to women and couldn't imagine ever wanting to have sex with a man. I was more or less ready to come out at 18 after sleeping with a female friend and having a couple of short relationships with women, but then I developed a huge crush on a close male friend, and ended up seeing him for a few years. We broke up several years ago and since then the same thing has happened again with another male friend. Both my male partners have been bisexual too.

Problem is, my current relationship began while I was in recovery from anorexia, and my hormones and brain chemistry were all over the freaking place. Now I've been healthy for quite a while they have settled down, and I now only really find women attractive again. It's not that I don't enjoy sex with my partner as such, I just don't find men sexually attractive, and I hate to put it this way but sleeping with him makes me feel kind of squeamish emotionally even though it feels good physically. You might ask why I'm still with him if I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'd be more comfortable in a same sex relationship, but I do love him a lot as a person and I'd hate to lose him - he has said before that he couldn't cope with being just friends. Plus he has mental health problems himself and I couldn't bear to send him back into a huge depressive slump, he's been trying so hard to sort his life out and he struggles a lot even without that kind of stress. It's a really messy situation that I've got myself into, I know :dry: it's like there's a right answer theoretically, but in practice it would hurt both of us massively. I kind of want to carry on being a chicken and see if it resolves itself, though how I expect that to happen is beyond me!

So that's my introduction. Not too much information, or anything like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 redblanket, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, you have definately come to the right place for help and advice.

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Welcome :slight_smile: and hello

6. redblanket

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for all the hellos! I chose the wrong moment to join - I was moving house and had no internet for a week. Back again now though.

7. 4alex6

Hey welcome to EC! This is the best place to get support and advice if you need help coming out! Good luck! :slight_smile:

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. and yeah your situation is a tricky one. All i can say is to slowly start to distance yourself. maybe even if you know of another great guy he would get along famously that you introduce the two to each other. i am not saying serving your contact, but for a short time being slowly go to the back seat and see how things develop between those two. if it gets serious then you can stay on in the capacity of friends. This way he would not go into a depression and you sill friends with him while still be able to date whom ever you want.

it might not be a morel solution, but it might be the best one for both of you. Then again I can be totally wrong with this so see what the others are saying.

9. DarkClarity

Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile: It's always nice to see a fellow Brit on here.

10. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and Welcome to EC.

11. Katelynn

Hey! (*hug*) Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

12. FloatingPiano

Hey! Welcome to EC!!