1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello there

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by J Snow, Aug 8, 2011.

1. J Snow

Well just found this site today and thought I'd give it a try.

Don't know if this is really the right place to discuss my orientation or coming out past, but I guess I'll just touch on it a little. So, I used to think I was bi, in fact it really took until I was 20 to really accept that I was bi. Once I did that I met my bf online and we've been going out for about 9 months.

I'm kind of unsure as to whether I'm gay or bi, because since I've met my bf my attraction to females has pretty much vanished, so I don't really know what to identify myself as. I clearly used to be attracted to females.

I've told some of my friends. Just the ones I trusted the most. Mostly girls since I didn't feel comfortable discussing it with straight guys (which makes up almost all of my friends) However, all of my friends really found out from the few I told anyway. I know most of them have at the very least heard rumors about me, but only a few have actually discussed it with me instead of talking behind my back.

I told my parents and my mom lost it. She said it was the worst thing in her life, worse than her dad dying. She said stuff like "I thought you might have been doing drugs or something but I never saw THIS coming." She told me not to let my sisters find out.

So yeah, that was before Christmas, I really haven't made much progress coming out since then. I think mostly because I'm kind of unsure as to what I want still... I mean, I like my bf, but I want a normal relationship where I can bring my spouse over to see my family and not have it be awkward... Plus I've always wanted children.

So didn't mean to make this a wall of text, and its probably not the right board for any of this, but I rant too much lol

2. Hey, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Katelynn

Hi! Welcome so much to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Welcome To EC dont let things get u down <3

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hay man your welcome.

Once your mom gets over the initial shock she will slowly be more open towards you. She might even later on suggest you bring your bf over for a dinner or something... don't give up hope!

As for wanting a kid, even if your gay, you can still have kids.. being gay doesn't stop you from having kids.

Look at one of the worlds most famous gay star... Elton John (ok maybe not a good choice) he and his partner got a surrogate mother, artificial inseminated her with a mixture of their sperm. It resulted into a successful pregnancy and a beautiful healthy baby.

You can even adopt one as well. The world didn't close because of your sexuality!

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!
    Nice Kame Sen'nin/Master Roshi Avatar. :grin:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

8. J Snow

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! Its very much appreciated.

9. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and Welcome :slight_smile:

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status: