1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing a therapist finally!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by seedoubleu, Aug 9, 2011.

1. seedoubleu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Finally seeing a therapist (an LPC, to be exact) - and just found out insurance covers it 100%! No copay, deductible or limits. I was floored. We both thought it was $50 copay, which I was willing to do, but no, the doc even called a human at the insurance company to verify. Can you say awesome!? :eusa_danc

Also made good progress, we did our initial consult last week, and just today had our 1st "real" session. Was an emotional rollercoaster, we got so much out in just one hour! I wish I had done this so much sooner!

2. Congrats! That's awesome that it's covered :slight_smile:

And yeah, therapy was a real life-saver for me. Good luck with it!

3. Mercy

Mercy Guest

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for starting a therapy :eusa_clap and that's great that you insurance covers it, that will be one thing not to bother about.
    Therapy can be an emotional roller coaster, especially during the first sessions. It can even make yourself feel uncomfortable and insecure during a few weeks because your brain is processing things even outside therapy sessions. But don't worry, that settles down and you're going to feel much better about yourself after a little while.

Take care of yourself, Cécile

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AWESOME!

That's just brilliant that your insurance covers it, just splendid :slight_smile: I know therapy is very up and down but by God, it's so worth it! Congratulations for getting the ball rolling :grin:

6. Leif

That is awesome! :eusa_clap So happy for you for taking that big step.