1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi, just joined a few days ago

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KT1990, Aug 24, 2011.

1. KT1990

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I’m trying to get over putting off everything that makes me uncomfortable mainly coming out. I told a few of my friends and what really bothers me is that most of them don’t seem to take me seriously, they don’t get that I’m just me and I’ve always been this way and they act as though I’m going through a faze. They have trouble with accepting that just because I don’t act like what they think of when they think of a lesbian (stereotypes). I’m shy and I’ve always been a girly girl and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, Im just myself… so yeah hi

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

3. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and Welcome :slight_smile:

4. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

Hi :icon_bigg welcome to EC :smilewave

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

6. Artemicion

Hi and welcome to EC!

7. Katelynn

Hi! Welcome so much to EC! (*hug*) It does sound like a pretty frustrating situation, but just give your friends a little bit of time. If they really are your friends, they'll come around & they'll understand. After all, while you haven't changed, they have to realize that you haven't changed & understand that you being you is not going to necessarily conform to the stereotypes that society has built up in the media and elsewhere. Just give them a bit of time, hopefully the reaction you're seeing right now isn't because they aren't taking you serious,, but because they are taking you seriously & starting to work thry how they feel about things. (*hug*) I'm so glad that you found us & I know that you'll find EC as helpful & supportive for you as I know I've found it for me! (&&&)

8. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC I hope you find good advise here
    Dont worry too much about your friends, you know who you are and thats the most important thing.
    Nicx

9. KT1990

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, I hope so too, mainly its my friend whos known me for ten years who I was really surprized reacted that way because shes bi but she had told me that she only thinks of girls as "toys" and she wouldn't ever want to have a relationship with them which seems alittle mean and made me feel sorry for the girls shes been with cause that would bother me if someone would only think of me that way. I think she's starting to take me seriously but sometimes I think shes trying to discorage me she keeps telling me that its going to cost me a fortion if I ever want to have kids even though I'm not even sure if I ever want kids im only 21 and I've got another 2 to 5 years of school yet depending on if I want to get my batchlors degree or not but shes the same age as me she just had a baby and is engaged to be married and it feels like she thinks I'm in a faze shes grown past or something I still tryed to confide in her about how lonely I was feeling now that I'm the only one whos not in any sort of relationship or even been on a date that I haven't been stood up for, she said she could help me find a nice guy and I told her flat out that I'm not interested in that and she said that she could introduce me to girls that were pretty despriate I didn't know how to not take that as an insult but I'm not the type to show I'm mad. Its like she thinks that girls who look and act like me will only be with a women out of despiration for sex and if they want a relationship with other girls its because they haven't had enough exprience with men yet. I hope your right though yeah sorry I wrote you a book :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. maverick

Hey sweetheart, welcome to EC. :kiss:

Sounds like your friend kind of gives bisexuals a bad name. :dry: I would be suspicious of anyone who treated their lover like a toy, regardless of gender. The fact that she thinks women can be lusted after and tossed aside like novelty items as opposed to men (the only "marry-able" gender) is pretty insulting to all women, not just the ones she's slept with and carved a notch in her belt for.

Not necessarily. You can always just get a sperm donation from one of your male friends whose genes you like, and a turkey baster. :lol:

This is normal post-baby talk, honestly. You just won't UNDERSTAND until you experience the magic of motherhood (or some such nonsense). :rolle: In actuality, she knows nothing more about your sexual orientation than you know what it's like to be pregnant. [I have a funny video that illustrates this, but I'll have to post it later.]

No offense, but your friend kind of sounds like a b****...I don't think I'd trust her to set you up on a date. She doesn't seem to have a very mature perspective on adult relationships.

That's just homophobia talking. (And if you don't think bisexual and gay people can be homophobic, you haven't hung around the queers long enough.)

The bottom line is, you can be with anybody that you want. Anybody. Black, white, purple, gay, straight, transgendered, alien...it doesn't really matter. The only person who can decide who is right for you romantically is you.

In other words, stop letting this "friend" make your decisions for you. She does not seem like she will steer you in a very healthy direction from what you've said here.

Are there any local LGBT/GSA groups you can join or observe? I think it would help you to see some other LGBT people than your friend, to show you that homosexuality is not a "choice made out of desperation", but rather an innate sexual orientation that often asserts itself after heterosexual experimentation that feels sexually/romantically unnatural to a homosexual.

*hugz*

#10 maverick, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

12. QueerButterfly

:welcome:
    I'm shy and trying to get over putting things off that make me uncomfortable too!
    (*hug*)

13. EastYear

EastYear Guest

Hey, I'm pretty new too. I know from experience how many people with good advice there are here, as you've seen. Welcome, hope you stick around

14. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

16. LegitRomance

Welcome to EC:slight_smile:

17. FloatingPiano

Hello! And welcome to EC!

18. sloaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, welcome! I know how you feel. I think handful of people think being a lesbian is a phase for me as well. It's just something people get used to, I guess. It's "out of the ordinary" so it takes some time. But good luck! I'm working on my coming out process as well.