1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello hello...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Aeon Magus, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeon Magus

Hi, everyone...

My name's Alexander, or just Alex for short, not really that important, whichever way you write it is fine with me. Err, oh right, I'm 25 years old. (Just so you know, Introductions freak me out, so this makes me feel awkward... bare with me. Well, that and I'm trying not to laugh at the friggin' emotes moving around at the bottom of the text bar... sheesh, there's even a 'more' button, so many many dancing, weird and amusing faces... I should probably end this train of thought now).
    I'm a complex person, I should say. I'm happy when it's cloudy or raining, not so much when it isn't, but pleasant enough to talk to in whatever weather. The weather is like my mood ring, you'll know when there's a storm brewing... per se. I don't like egotists, because they take my limelight. I'm serious only when the situation calls for it, the rest of the time I can be rather funny. I am quite healthy, except I don't eat brocolli or cauliflower, those are the devil's vegetables. Mmmm... I read quite often, I like my fantasy novels and the occasional mystery. I could draw up a list of things I like and dislike, but there's hardly any time for that. So... uhm, I was going to ask whether or not I should, but as this is an introduction, I suppose it's a given that I share my "coming out" story.

I was 15 when I first noticed my same-gender infatuation, but have kept it to myself throughtout my high school years. Having been teased and mocked while going to that dreadful school did not help much either, so I kept that to myself as well (the teasing I mean), as not to cause any commotion regarding it. I was an introvert. Not going to go in-depth on the shenanigans that went on during that time, but I left high school, graduating my senior year despite all of that. A year after that, my elder brother asked me when I was intending on coming out of the closet. Haha, obviously I was taken aback by that and I still find it funny. Sometimes, when you think you have a secret, it's not much of a secret at all. From there it was easy, I came out to my two brothers (who already knew), then on to my grandparents, uncles and aunts, most of my cousins. I left my mom for last, since she's the religious nut, and it wouldn't be that easy-going with her.
    I approached her as I would a hungry lioness - cautious and ready to run for it. I was nervous and didn't know how she would take the news, so I just blurted it out. "I'm gay." Well... she didn't take it so well, after all. "Heathen" and "Sinner" just about sums up that conversation. She was about to disown me, when Super Granny (haha, my grandmother) jumped in and slapped her. She told her that if she's going to disown me, she'll disown her. Yeah, if it wasn't such a "serious" moment, I would've gotten me some popcorn. Anyway, over time my mother got used to it. We even go out shopping whenever I'm in the area.

Well, that's my story.
    :eusa_danc - Wee! I like this one!

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a great introduction! I'm sure you'll like it here at EC. Sounds like you have an awesome grandma. :slight_smile:

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!
    I love your grandma. :slight_smile:

4. Gallatin

Bienvenue!! :smilewave

5. Aeon Magus

Oh, thank you so much. Appreciate the welcome.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

7. Vesper

Your grandmother is pretty awesome. "Super" indeed! Welcome to EC!

8. Aeon Magus

Thank you for the ongoing welcomes.
    Are you all part of the welcoming committee? Haha... but no... seriously... :confused: can I jump on that bandwagon?

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! Enjoy your visits! :slight_smile:

10. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I, also, love your grandmother - but I love your mom too for coming around, what an awesome thing. :slight_smile:

No official welcoming committee that I know of - just happy to see people joining all the time. Hopefully we get to chat a bit eventually!

11. Eleanor Rigby

Hi Alex and welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    Thanks for sharing your story :slight_smile: It seems you have a wonderful grandma !

Make yourself at home and see you around :slight_smile:
    Take care, Cécile

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

13. Aeon Magus

Thank you again for all the warm welcomes. :smilewave

*He made himself at home, took off his shoes and went to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of juice.

14. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

Wow, you have a nice and interesting family... :slight_smile: well, I think a life without storms will never be interesting,
    Once I met a South African friend, half italian, and he is so far one of the most handsome man I've ever met in real life...

Welcome and I hope you enjoy being here.... :slight_smile:

15. PapaFugs

Welcome, that was an awesome intro. Grandma sounds wonderful, and I'm glad your Mom finally came around.

16. Doctor Faustus

Alex! Just stumbled upon your welcome thread!
    I also believe your grandma is Super Grandma. Go her! :grin:
    Best, Faustus.

17. Aeon Magus

Thank you, Johnjohn, I believe they are too. The "sunny skies and butterflies fluttering around" kind of weather just feels like we're on the set of a Stepfords movie, when reality isn't like that at all. So I prefer the dark and cloudy weather over that.

Haha, me and granny tease each other from time to time. I'd lightly brush the back of her head with a finger, to give her the chills. She'd turn around and go, "Ha ah man!" then I'd run and she'd chase me. :grin: It's fun!
    Yeah, my mom went all out trying to "change my mind" and all that jazz. I didn't give her much of a choice but to get over it. I'm still Alex, I'm still her son, and that's what matters more than who I see, or 'what' I am.

Glad you found my introduction thread, Faustus. Haha... She'd probably WANT to dress up in spandex and a cape, just to have that superhero look. :lol:

Thanks again for the welcomes, everyone. Much appreciated. :icon_bigg

18. Doctor Faustus

No worries, mate. See you around! Anything you need, just prod me. xD

19. Aeon Magus

Didn't know where else to post this, as I couldn't find a "joke" thread apart from the 'image' one... :confused: ...so:

These questions about South Africa were posted on a South African
    Tourism Website and were answered by the website owner.

Q: Does it ever get windy in South Africa? I have never seen it rain on TV, so how do the plants grow? (UK)
    A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see elephants in the street? (USA)
    A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Durban to Cape Town - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
    A: Sure, it's only two thousand kilometres take lots of water...

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in South Africa? (Sweden)
    A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in South Africa? Can you send me a list of them in JHB, Cape Town, Knysna and Jeffrey's Bay? (UK)
    A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about Koala Bear racing in South Africa? (USA)
    A: Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the pacific. A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the Koala Bear racing is every Tuesday night in Hillbrow. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is north in South Africa? (USA)
    A: Face south and then turn 90 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into South Africa? (UK)
    A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
    A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Hillbrow, straight after the Koala Bear races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in South Africa? (France)
    A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in South Africa? (USA)
    A: Anywhere where significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in South Africa where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
    A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in South Africa? (France)
    A: Only at Christmas.

Q: Are there killer bees in South Africa? (Germany)
    A: Not yet, but for you, we'll import them.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Cape Town and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
    A: No, we are a peaceful civilisation of vegan hunter-gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in South Africa who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
    A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca, which is where YOU come from. All South African snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: Will I be able to speek English most places I go? (USA)
    A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.

:lol:

#19 Aeon Magus, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. xXPsychedelicXx

^^^ Gotta love SA. I'm using these lines from now on. :roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.