1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inverted and rambling but... hello?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nykoru, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, this was nearly spontaneous >.> Shows what Google can do when you let it run free.

Anyway.

-waves- Call me Nykoru (stress on the 'o,' should anyone like to know). I'm not sure how thoroughly I fit here, being what I am, but I figure a community like this ought to be inclusive, should it not? That's what it says on the front page, anyway :grin:

So. Since it is infinitely easier to talk on the internet, here goes. I've been... off... since the approximate age of thirteen. First thing I had to deal with was actually more species dysphoria than gender dysphoria, but then missing limbs have more of an impact on day-to-day life than genitalia, don't they? At least to some. It took me over a year to find the term 'otherkin,' and that was the first huge bright spot in my life :3 It's nice to find something that fits when nothing else does, even if there are a certain proportion of quacks and fakes to the otherkin community. So, I went on, didn't say anything to anyone. It wasn't perfect, but I managed. I even had a boyfriend for a while, but then he ended up gross-clingy-desperate -_- So yes, I can say no. I continued on with life, followed my parents from BC to Manitoba to save money on school, and actually met some other otherkin (dragonkin as well, as it happens) in person. That was awesome. Anyone can be a closet crazy over the internet, after all. I even came out about it to the handful of people that made it into my 'friend' category; they took it pretty well, didn't get it, and didn't bring it up again. I only see one of them now, but since she invited me to her wedding, I figure I didn't kill that relationship!

So, now on to more recent times. It turns out that stress turns me introspective, and some part of me decided it was time to stop trying to ignore that other part of me that doesn't fit otherkin. I tried to chalk up it to that at first, but sometimes things just don't fit. I've never had much exposure to the rainbow community, being from small BC towns more prone to underage drinking than freedom of expression, and what I had known about trans/etc didn't fit.

At least, not until I did some actual research.

It's probably a good thing no one was nearby at the time >.> This silly girl-body loves to respond to certain stimuli with tears. Really annoying habit, completely irrational. It's definitely one clear point of dysphoria for me. Then again, it was like finding the term 'otherkin' all over again - except it covered everything else. It fits why I don't recognize my own reflection as 'me,' my general dislike for the more feminine aspects of this body, and the disconnect from the whole gender norm thing. See, I found a short article written by someone who happens to be female to gay male. Best day of my life so far.

Well, that probably rambled a lot, but I'll toss in a few more points before I head off. My parents are generally nice people, but rather conservative. My dad could probably deal with me coming out, but he's not the one who concerns me. My mother was raised catholic and is currently nondenominational but browsing local churches. She pities homosexual men and considers otherkinity, particularly when related to beings not of Earth, to be little more than a symptom of some serious delusion or perhaps a brain tumour (I brought up the concept through the context of a book I was working on; it didn't go well). She is about as bullheaded as a person can get and will refuse to change her opinions despite reason, evidence, and logic, all with a smile. She also tends to vent by raising her voice and is not particularly adept at handling difficult behavioural situations with a deft hand.

Better points: I'll be moving to Saskatchewan next year to continue my education - (theoretically) without my parents. I will also be attending my first party later this week - a masqueerade ball :wink:

So. Ramblingness. I think that gets a decent overview of me. I've had my downpoints, but things seem to be on the rise thanks to that second label discovery~

Hello!

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, then...
    Heyo, welcome to EC!
    We accept all ends of any spectrum here. :slight_smile:

3. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks :slight_smile: Although... I don't think I'm quite the end of a spectrum, just somewhere in that complicated colour gradient!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

5. Aeon Magus

Hi, Nykoru, and Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

6. Gallatin

Bienvenue!! :smilewave

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

8. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC - and don't worry, you absolutely fit here, we're glad to have you. :slight_smile:

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

10. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

Welcome and let's enjoy the beautiful song of the rainbow. :slight_smile:

John