1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to my Lesbian Sister

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by invisible manny, Dec 5, 2011.

1. invisible manny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first person I came out to was my younger sister, Kat, who's 16 (I'm 18 btw). She came out to me earlier in the year and it was the perfect Hallmark moment haha. I love her so much that I would never treat her any differently. C'mon, she's my baby sister (*hug*) I just told her out of nowhere. I have been wanting to tell her for months, but so many things have come up, like certain interruptions and me backing out at the last minute. Anyways, I fell asleep on the couch coming home from school. She was watching tv and on tumblr as always.

I was in a dream, the most vivid I've had in a long time. The feelings it provoked made it seem like it was real. My older sister, Kat, and I were on our way to Walmart (haha, us and our shenanigans). We walked into the store and we were greeted by the greeter that's always at the door. I remember I felt so alive and happy because we are close siblings. I love spending time with my sisters. Well, after walking past the greeter, he said a gay comment. Sadly I can't remember what he said, but it was definitely not offensive. My sisters were all, "What is this guy talking about?" I thought, "How did this guy know?! WTH?" I remember my sisters gave a confused face. I was not offended, so I just told my sisters in the dream. "Yes, he's right. I'm gay." My sisters then gave a smile and I felt so much warmth.

I then woke up thinking that I have got to tell my little sister. I just told her then and there on the couch. "Kat!" "What?" "I'm gay." "Huh? Nu-uh." "Yes, I am." Kat gave the warmest grin ever, "I knew it :icon_bigg" Haha, I've never felt such relief. We gave each other a big hug. I finally told the person closed to me in my life. We can tell each other anything and everything. I just love my little sister. We have been close since I could remember and will remain close for as long as we draw breath. Kat I love you!!!(*hug*)

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

awwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh<3

3. Aielar

Lol yis, that is heartwarming :3

4. ESA3NZ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww... What an awesome relationship that ya'll have!
    :]

5. invisible manny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hahaha thank you everyone :slight_smile: i just had to come out to her. i can spill my heart to her and she does the same to me. we were very close for as long as i can remember. god i love her so much <3

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out to your sister.

7. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww!! What a great relationship you have with your sis.

Congratulations on coming out!(*hug*)

8. Bedroom Hymns

That's, like, the perfect story. Congratulations on coming out to her! I'm happy for you :slight_smile:.

I wish my sister was a lesbian so she could understand me better...

9. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Congratulations. That is awesome!