1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is me taking the first step out..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by reckless32, Dec 11, 2011.

1. reckless32

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've always had an attraction to females as much as males but now it seems my preference is shifting mores towards women I want to explore these feelings but don't know-how to go about it...I'm not out to any of my friends and family at all which makes it more nerve racking. I could really use some advice please

2. Chickzak

Heya! :slight_smile:
    Firstly.. welcome to EC, you'll make loads of friends on here who'll give you really good advice. And dont worry at all, I know exactly how you'll feeling; I felt really worried right at the start, and now I'm a little relaxed about it, cos I know a lot more about why the sudden change and why I'm attracted to girls. Can I ask, have you dated a guy? And what did you feel if you did, or perhaps you like both guys and girls ? Dont worry so much, you'll work it outt !!

3. Doctor Faustus

Hello, welcome. I only wanted to echo what the previous poster said. Don't rush into anything: have a thorough discussion with yourself and others here before settling on an answer.

Hope this helps and that things get better soon!

Best,

Doctor Faustus.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, dont panic you have already taken several large steps without even knowing it. The route in which you take is up to you, do you want to come out to a friend (or couple of friends) or did you want to explore this side of you without anyone knowing?

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

You have already taken many steps in order to be here. If you want to come out, just do it at your own pace. How I explored my feelings for women was by just opening myself up to the fact that I might like women. Then I walked around my town and looked at women and realized that I liked them.

6. Youngbutproud

Hey I came out to a couple of my friends last year and I was pretty freaked out to tell them I mostly just dropped hints till they figured it out themselves I did lose one friend because of it but everyone else and been really cool about it good luck

7. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was in your situation last week (*hug*) and its horrible I know. But I plucked up the courage to tell my partner, my best friend, my school chaplin (who I'm really close to) and a friend from youth group, then, finally, my dad. Now THAT was scary.

The only advice I can give is come out when YOU feel ready to come out. We're all here for you and all willing to help you. Write on my wall if you want to talk :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2011 at 07:48 PM ----------

I've never expressed interest in a girl that I like to them. I don't know how to explore those feelings. When I'm not with my boyfriend, maybe I'll tell one of them. But it'll be totally scary I think, considering so many women are straight... but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

8. hml8

Hey, welcome! Everyone's experience of realisation is different! If you need anyone to talk to please don't hesitate!

9. Artemicion

Hi and welcome!

10. Gallatin

Bienvenue!! :smilewave