1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reintroduction and Rededication

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Stew Bum, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Stew Bum

Stew Bum Guest

I've posted in the welcome section of this site a few months ago, but got cold feet and have refrained from posting again. As I previously posted, I am a 35 year old confused married man. I have a 3 year old daughter with my wife of 8 years. I'm completely in love both of them and the life we have together. I'm still attracted to my wife, but I also have an attraction to men. I've been aware of this attraction, which is not simply sexual, since I was a kid and continually debated my sexuality through the years, and although I've always identified more gay than straight, I chose the straight path, but I've felt a little outta step with the straight world. So I'm here now to finally come to terms with who I am and what I want. No matter how frightening it can be I've decided I need this and I need to be honest with my wife. Even if that means we go our separate ways, which is a gut wrenching thought.

#1 Stew Bum, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  2. hml8

Hi Stew, sorry to hear about the cold feet (you should put some socks on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm sorry I'm not funny)

I really hope you find what you're looking for!

If you need someone to talk to I'm here, occasionally with helpful advice . . . occasionally!

3. Stew Bum

Stew Bum Guest

Thanks, hml8. I will definitely be looking for advice.

4. hml8

you're welcome! :slight_smile:

5. Doctor Faustus

Hello mate,
    Welcome to EC! Dr Faustus here: good to meet you! :smilewave
    There are quite a few married gay men here, whom I can put you in touch with if you want. Otherwise do feel free to talk to me if you need anything.
    Best,
    Doctor Faustus.

6. Gallatin

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome back to EC! :smilewave

8. breakingboxes

Welcome back!

9. Artemicion

Hi and welcome back!

10. Emergelove

Welcome!
    I joined in May but it was not until Nov that I became active here. I reached a point where it became important for me to come out to my wife. And i could not be closetted as it became very lonely and it affected my relationship with my wige. I am curious to hear what prompted you to 'rejoin.' I hear that it was becoming difficult being in your shoes... Feel free to talk more about that (or not). Whatever you feel like posting!

Glad you anted here.

11. Aeon Magus

Hello, Stew Bum, and welcome back to EC.

12. Stew Bum

Stew Bum Guest

I agree, it is quite lonely, and has definitely affected how I relate to my wife. I feel a little guilty and a little embarrassed. She has asked a couple of times in the past if I was gay, and still jokes that I am, but I've always told her I wasn't. So it's a little embarrassing to say so now. She's very open minded, but it's still a tricky situation to tell someone that there is another side to who you are. I'm not sure how she'll respond, and I really don't know what I'm going to tell her. I'm sure that she'll be a little stunned, have doubts about our past, present, future relationship, but she'll be supportive, I hope. I guess I have them too. I'm thinking sometime in January, will be the D-day. What was your wife's reaction, and what/how did you tell her?

#12 Stew Bum, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  13. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

Joining to a site like this is one of the biggest steps you can make so congrats on pushing yourself to doing just that. Only gets better from here on :slight_smile:

We have many members on here who have gone through or are going through similar situations as you so feel free to make a thread about any problem or question you may have. We also have two advisers who were both married and later came out so you can always PM them for anything :slight_smile:

14. Stew Bum

Stew Bum Guest

Thank you everyone for the advice and support.