1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It gets better!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by unrareod, Dec 30, 2011.

1. unrareod

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I joined here a while ago but never participated. At the time I was going through some interesting changes. I have been with my partner now for over 5 years. I gave birth to our daughter in 2010. She is amazing and growing so fast! We are going to try for another this summer.

I guess I just wanted to post to tell you, it gets better! When I was younger I was depressed and felt like I had to hide who I was from everyone. I felt like no one understood me and I was afraid of having to live a lie my entire life. It turned out a lot of people knew and were waiting for me to come to them about it.

Now my entire family and all of my friends know. At work, those who I am friends with outside of work know as well as anyone I am friends with on facebook. I don't go around announcing it, but if anyone were to ask me, I would tell them.

My partner's family had a bit of a harder time dealing with it and we just recently began making connections with her sister and her family. (It's amazing how a baby brings people together).

Through my experience I have found that it is best to live life for what is best for me and those who don't like it get left behind. They are the ones missing out. I am extremely happy and thankful for the life I have today. I wish everyone the best of luck in their journey!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and thanks so much for sharing your experience. With all of the suicides among gay youth recently, I feel like it's really important for those of us who have found happiness to share what that means with those who are struggling.

I hope you'll stick around and continue to share about your experiences as time permits!

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on being fully out! :grin: I'm glad your partners family seem to be slowly coming around. :slight_smile: How long have you been together?

But just because it got better for you, doesnt mean it will for everyone else. Sometimes it doesnt get better. Sometimes you get lynched and die when they find out. Sometimes it gets worse. Just thought I should point that out.

Welcome to the forum.

4. Noir

Thank you so much for sharing your story--I think that you just brought to light the kind of life I want to live. I've been fighting with my fears of the future after college trying to lock them out, mostly because I'm a lesbian who never wants to marry a man, but does want to have the experience of getting married as well as raising a child aside from adoption. It always seemed very difficult to do, but just hearing your story makes me think that it's more possible than I dared to hope. Thank you, very much! I wish you happiness in the future as well! :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great, I'm glad that things are going so well for you now!! Thanks for sharing your story, it shows people that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. Thanks for sharing your story it means a great deal.

7. Artemicion

Hey and welcome to EC.

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

9. JoshB

Sexual Orientation: