1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie, sorta

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ladywithquestio, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ladywithquestio

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi all,
    I joined EC some time ago intending to get involved, then didn't... I don't think I was quite ready then after all. And now I'm back. And I'm not sure if I introduced myself the first time around or not.

So, I meant to be "ladywithquestions" as in questioning my sexuality. But the "ns" got cut off so I am "ladywithquestio." Over the last several months I've been really full of LOTS of questions about what I want from love, sex, relationships, who I'm really attracted to and so on. I've only ever dated men but haven't felt really, I guess the word is "passionate," about any of the men I've dated, and have a history of crushes on other women but not acting on them. So... not sure if I'm really lesbian, bi, straight, something else entirely... but feeling like EC is a place where I belong and feeling encouraged that I'm not the only one struggling with these issues (though I am in my 30s and feel like a late bloomer...)

Anyway, hi! And happy new year! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

2. Fiddledeedee

I think "ladywithquestio" sounds better than if the "ns" hadn't been cut off; it seems mysterious, or like you're on a quest.Anyway, welcome to EC, and I hope the coming year is a good one for you! :newcolor:

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

4. Katelynn

Hi! (*hug*) Welcome so much to EC! I know exactly how you mean when you talk about being a late bloomer! Im 36 & Im just about to start on hormone replacement therapy, so Im feeling a lot like Im starting puberty & becoming a woman later than all of my friends. One of them said she cant wait to see me blossom into a young lady, so Im pretty excited but really more anxious & a bit nervous that my life as myself is finally about to start. And Ive also been really starting to struggle with my sexuality too, since Ive always known I was a girl & ever since I was about 12, Ive identified myself as a lesbian. Now Im not so sure, since I have been feeling lots of things I havent really before. You are DEFINITELY in the right place, since I know EC has already helped me so much & I know everyone here will be able to be here for you too! (&&&)

5. Gallatin

Bienvenue!! :smilewave

6. Artemicion

Hello and welcome!

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

8. Aeon Magus

Hello, LadyWQs, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

10. ladywithquestio

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks all for the welcome! Fiddledeedee, I agree, "ladywithquestio" has a nice ring to it. Kiersten, thanks so much for the words of encouragement and I am sending some back your way! Good to know I'm not the only late bloomer and someone can relate...